Chapter 10: Realizations

Mikha's POV

I'm drinking my second cup of milk here in a cafe owned by my ate. Maloi, Sheena, and Colet are with me because we plan to study for the upcoming exams. Hell week na naman. First year college palang kami pero pang senior citizen na yata 'tong back pain ko.

I was doing my requirements in Art Appreciation when three guys caught my attention. They sit beside us while talking like a typical conyo boys.

"Look at this shawty, bro. She's Aiah Arceta." our eyes automatically looked at them, waiting for what they are about to say.

"I heard she went to California to study there." the other guy replied.

"Do you really believe that? Dude, people from elite families like her won't go to abroad without reasons." the third guy butted in. I look at Colet, I saw how she formed her hands into fists. Nagpipigil lang siguro siya dahil wala pa naman siyang rason manugod. But hearing how the guys talked, mukhang hindi ko rin magugustuhan kung saan papunta ito.

"And what could be the possible reason?" the first guy curiously asked.

"She's probably pregnant."

I can pretend not hearing their accusations. But I can't let them talk about like Aiah is some girl who doesn't deserve respect. Hindi na dapat nila pinag-uusapan 'yong taong wala rito at mas lalong hindi dapat nila pinag-uusapan ng ganoon si Aiah.

These three boys, they're too dumb to be called men. They're talking about how unfortunate it is not being the first one to have a "go" at her. What a bunch of morons.

Hindi pa nadala 'yong isa and he made some delusional shits about going on a date with Aiah. The way he describes the scene is something disgusting.

Hindi ko na pinalagpas pa. I stood up and sooner, I felt my fist colliding to his sinful mouth and not stopping until I saw blood pouring from it. Sheena, Maloi, and Colet are stopping me but I didn't listen. I shouted at him and told my friends the boy doesn't deserve pitty.

I only stopped when Colet gave me a punch too.

A lot of rumors spread when she left, there's a rumor about her getting kicked out by her parents, that's impossible. Being sent to rehab, seriously? Having cancer and getting the best treatment, crazy, right?