Chapter 34: What Happened to Perfect?

Mikha's POV

After checking up on Criza and making sure that she was asleep, I decided to walk around the shore. I was halfway there when I saw a familiar figure, she's sitting there and watching the waves hitting on her feet.

A year ago, we're also here in the same scenery. Ang kaibahan lang, kami pa noon at doon nag-umpisang masira kami. Ngayon, hindi pa kami ayos at hindi ko alam kung saan kami lulugar. We're in between exes and friends. I don't really know.

Dinala ako ng mga paa ko sa cottage papalayo sa kanya, kung saan hindi niya ako mapapansin na pinapanuod siya.

After a minute, I felt somebody's presence sat beside me. Hanggang sa may sumunod at sumunod pa ulit. I know it's my best friends. They probably saw me earlier heading this way.

"Why did you do that?" Sheena asked me calmly.

But I do not know what to answer. I guess it was partly because I was worried with Criza, but I think it was mostly because I was very worried with Aiah. I wasn't able to control my emotions because she was too careless about herself. I don't want her to get hurt.

"I... I was worried about Aiah." I whispered but enough for them to hear. They know me too well. I know that they know that I was just taken over by my worries.

"If you're so worried about her then why didn't you go to her and helped her instead?" Colet asked.

"I was scared." I said.

I was scared and I cannot fully understand why. I wanted to run to her but my feet went straight to Criza and my tongue fired at her.

"Mikhs, I know you're worried about her. And you were worried with Criza too. But please, you can't deny your feelings for her forever. No matter how high your walls are, they will always crumble down for Aiah. Stop fooling yourself." Maloi patted my shoulders and smiled at me.

What am I supposed to do?

"I just wanted to be happy." I said.