Chapter 18: One Midnight in December

Aiah's POV

It was already the last day of November and tomorrow will be Christmas month already. December. For five years, I've been spending Christmas with a heavy heart. Sa tuwing darating ang buwan ng December, all I can think of is Mikha and that midnight when I realized that I'd fallen for her. But this year, it's different because after our confession a few weeks ago, parang nawala lahat ng sakit na naramdaman ko sa loob ng limang taon.

I watched her hurting while I was hurting too. Sobrang sakit makita na 'yong taong mahal na mahal mo ay umiiyak para sa iba.

When I went abroad, my main reason is to really study law there but some part of me says I should give Mikha a space too. Maybe I was suffocating her because I've been tailing her since I transferred. Maybe I was stopping her from growing individually dahil sa tuwing masasaktan siya noon, andoon ako para saluhin siya agad.

And I made the right decision. She finally moved on from Jhoanna and she's doing great with her career.

Then, the right timing happened. The girl I prayed for becomes the girl I pray with.

I'm here in my office as I read cases. I have to finish all of these in order to consult my client. Geez, what a great time to catch a fever. Hindi ko alam if stressed ba sa cases, sa defense sa court or if I forced myself too much with my workout routine. Whatever it was, medyo nakakainis.

Mikha was on the phone. She called and asked me if I want churros. Those little things, nakakakilig. Of course, I did not tell her that I'm sick dahil baka magmadali pa 'yon na puntahan ako.

So I just waited for her to drop by my house and it did not take me that long because half an hour, my love was looming to hug me with her soft arms.

"Aiahhh!" she baby talked, sometimes I still can't believe that I'm dating a businesswoman. I feel like I dated a baby eh because of the way she acts when we're alone.

"Love, wait!" I raised my hands and she got shocked. She got frozen habang nakataas pa rin ang kamay niyang akmang kakayapin ako.

"Don't go near me." I said.