Chapter 27: Us but with Different People 2.0

Aiah's POV

"Stop smiling, Mikki. Ang pangit mo!" I shouted upon seeing Mikki entering my office. Wala ba siyang trabaho o cases na aaralin? Palagi nalang siyang tumatambay dito.

"You kept saying I'm ugly but you instantly transform into a villain whenever girls are trying to get my attention." he defended, he sat on my sofa and fished his phone on his pocket.

"Duh! You were enjoying naman. Hindi ka cute, mukha kang asong ulol." I rolled my eyes this time.

He stood up and went closer to me. He held my two hands gently.

"Sorry na. Let's go out later after work?" he said. Kinuha ko ang mga kamay kong hawak niya and I pushed her face.

"I'll think about it." I answered and tried to divert my focus on my laptop.

One year have passed since I haven't seen Mikha. Our friends said she's in Hong Kong now to manage their family businesses. I often see her stories on her social medias. She finally made some friends and she's living her life there.

The day she attempted to explain again and I didn't listen to her is also the day I never heard anything from her since then. She've become the kind of quiet that terrifies me. No word, no anything. She did not even leave a sound. She stopped reaching out. She disappear without a trace.

Even her shadow's unresponsive. She left me on a blank space. That's it. Her final blow.

It was too late when I realized that I should have at least talked to her and ask the questions I had.

What happened that night?

Are you still in love with Jhoanna all this time?

What about us?

I never had a chance to listen and understand. My stillness deprived me from knowing. It's as if I took away even the gray area in between. It's a kind of murder, our unspoken words killed me. Instead of peace, I gave myself me chaos.