Chapter 42: Stuck Like Statue

Mikha's POV

The hearing's finally done, Aiah's team won the case. I know that she's a great lawyer pero iba pa rin talaga kapag nakikita ko siya on pursuing her chosen career. She's like a different person inside the justice room. She made the opponent look stupid. Not gonna lie, Atty. Claver and Jeremy were good too. They've provided reliable and necessary proof for the case.

I was about to approach Aiah to congratulate her but I saw her with Jeremy again. The guy's holding a bouquet. Badtrip! Kulang ata 'yong lola Remedios na binigay ko kay Aiah before their flight here yesterday. Dapat pala ay nagpadala rin ako ng coffee truck after them winning the case.

I stared at her, observing her every move. If I'm that brave enough, inagaw ko na siya papalayo kay Jeremy.

They said, I love you is just one breath away. But for me, telling her I still love her is worth my life. It takes all the courage I have inside me. All the amount of composure I can manage.

She can break me down into a million pieces and build me up again. She is my beautiful misery. I'm miserable because of her and I love her.

"Ayan tayo eh! Lilipad papuntang Davao pero hindi malapitan." Biglang sulpot ni Colet na kinagulat ko naman.

"Bakit ka ba nanggugulat? It's almost midnight na kaya!" I told her. I'm still holding my chest because of the sudden mini heart attack.

"Mukha ba akong engkanto sayo ha?" she laughs.

"You're my best friend and I love you pero oo." I told her.

"Ulol! Torpe mo. Puntahan mo na nga yung prinsesa mo!" Sigaw niya. "Umalis na si Jeremy. Go get your girl." she added.

With that, I approached her. Habang papalapit nang papalapit ay bumibilis ang tibok ng puso ko. Para itong sasabog sa di ko malamang dahilan. I can only see her side profile but Aphrodite's beauty is nothing compared to Aiah. 

"Hi." I called for her attention. Medyo nakasimangot siyang lumingon pero kalaunan ay ngumiting napakaganda.