Chapter 19: MikhAiah

Mikha's POV

It's a fine Saturday morning, no office works for me and my best friends made sure to free their weekends. Aiah and I are in the gym waiting for the others to arrive.

Today will also be the day for me to ask Aiah to be my girlfriend, although we already act like one, I think it's time to make it official. If it's possible I would ask Aiah to marry me already, I'm that crazy about her. For the 25 years of my existence she's the only girl I genuinely ever liked, love rather.

"Let's eat out later?" I asked her. I'm planning to ask her over dinner sana, 'yong kami lang to make it private. I'm the kind of person that doesn't like attention.

"I thought we'll have brunch at Stacey's?" she asked.

"Yeah. What I mean is, uh, let's watch a movie and eat dinner?" I tried to make my voice casual so she won't notice how nervous I am about asking her out.

For the past weeks, Aiah and I jog early before our working hours so that we can have a moment.

This is the first time for me to kinda ask her out on a date, if ever, this will also be the first time we'll go to the mall alone without our best friends and our first time to watch a movie together.

"Is that how you'll ask me out for the first time?" She's giving me an unimpressed look. Wow! She didn't even tried to hide it.

"Uhh, yeah?" My hand is at my nape, a nervous habit. I can't even look at her.

"Really now? Ayoko nga." she shook her head pa to make it more convincing.

"What?! We always eat outside naman ah." I protested, nag-effort na nga ako to make the first move tapos she'll reject me lang?

"Yeah. Only when I'm inviting you or I want to eat in a certain restaurant." she defended.

"That's why I'm asking you now." I made sure to make my eyes as cute as possible. Come on! Who can resist a Mikha Lim?