Chapter 23: Good bye, Mikha

Aiah's POV

I didn't waste time because when I got home, with the help of my connections, I sold my house in the village where my best friends also live. I bought a condo unit that is located far away from them. I don't know what to think anymore, all I know is that I have an ego to save.

I checked my phone and saw messages and missed calls from my best friends but most of them are from Mikha. I ignored them and turned my phone on do not disturb.

I heard it clearly. She's still in love with Jhoanna. So, what's the use of us being together pa? I cannot help myself from thinking, what if we were set in a different place? In a different situation years ago? Would it still be the same? Will she love me the way I love her? Would I be happy? Will we end up together?

I guess not.

I sighed deeply, wishing that in one deep breath, I could exhale the complications I'm dealing with today.

I will miss her. Every part of her, everything that defines her. Or how she arches her brow when she wanted to clear something or how her cheeks turn red when she finds something sweet. I will long for her, in a way I never actually had and will never actually have.

I look at our picture. Her eyes narrowed and sparkled, I felt the butterflies in my belly, the sprint of my blood in my whole system and the abnormal beating of my damned heart. Mikha Lim, alam na alam mo talaga kung paano ako kunin. Nakakainis!

But yes, I am in love with a dream. And it's time to finally wake up.

With all the strength I have, pinilit kong mag trabaho sa firm ko to keep myself busy. I need distractions away from her. Mas gugustuhin kong magpakalunod sa cases rather than drowning myself with unending thoughts.

Nagulat ako nang may maglapag ng iced coffee sa table ko with a note on it. "Ang pangit mo today." I looked up and saw Mikki smirking at me. Kinuha ko 'yong sticky note at binato sa kanya.

"What are you doing here?" I took a sip on my iced coffee.

"Nothing. I saw you entering your office earlier, you look sad eh." he simply asked and sit on the chair in front of my table.