Chapter 39: Only You

Mikha's POV

It's been 5 days. Yes, 5 days have passed and Aiah's not yet talking to me. She's avoiding m and hell! I am so frustrated right now.

Wala naman akong alam na ginawa kong masama. Behave lang naman ako. Basta after that night, when she went back from the rooftop with the girls, hindi na niya ko pinapansin. I would get close to her but she will always leave a space sa pagitan naming dalawa. Kahit sa mga date at lakad naming magbabarkada, hindi siya dumidikit sa akin.

"Aray! Tangina naman, makasampal akala mo ako si Taneo noon!" I yelled when Colet slapped my back so hard. I didn't know I was spacing out na pala.

"Stop worrying about your ex na pinsan ko na best friend din natin. We're here to help Sheena." she said and pulled me to Sheena and Maloi's spot.

"But wait, what happened ba?" Sheena asked me.

"She asked if I still love her." I sighed. They didn't answer, they're just waiting for my next statement.

"I told her I still do because she's one of my best friends." I whispered and they gasped.

"What?!" Maloi exclaimed.

"How did that happen?" Colet asked a little less dramatic than Maloi.

"We were walking, just having a normal talk and I don't know how it lead to that conversation." I buried my face on the palm of my hands, heaving a sigh.

Despite my muffled voice you can hint the frustration and guilt.

"I didn't expect her to tell me that, you know? That's why I was caught off guard." I added.

"Anong plano mo?" Maloi asked.

"Hindi ko rin alam." I answered. Hindi ko naman talaga alam eh. I'm scared to repeat the same love we had because it was too painful.