Chapter 48: Great Things Take Time

Mikha's POV

"So, you were saying you wanted to court my one and only daughter, Mikha?" Tito asked. We're sitting in his office with Tita and Aiah's older brother. Yes, the whole Arceta's.

"Yes, Sir." I answered. Alam kong close kami ng pamilya ni Aiah noon, kaso iba talaga ngayon. Feeling ko makakatay na ako dito sa loob. Ni hindi nga ngumingiti si Tito.

Si Tita naman, tinitingnan lang ako pero ngumingiti naman siya momentarily sa'kin which helps me a lot.

"Tell me, Mikha. Bakit kita papayagang manligaw sa anak ko kung ex ka na niya?" He asked.

"Sir, I still love your daughter. I still love her so much that I waited for her for a year."

"That's it?" He arched his brow. 

I heard Kuya whispered, "Come on, Mikhs. Kaya mo 'yan." It brought me courage. And when I closed my eyes, I saw the smiling Aiah in my darkness. She lights up my everything.

"No, Sir." I shook my head.

"Sir, do you remember the first time I came here and I met you? The day before Aiah left and study abroad?" I asked him.

"Yes. Of course." He told me.

"Sir, that day was the most frightening day of my life. Because I get to meet you. I get to meet her family, it's funny because I don't even have a reason to be nervous that time. To be scared. But now, I'm not." I said. I don't even know what I'm saying.

Sinasabi ko lang ang mga pumapasok sa utak ko na alam kong galing sa puso ko. Naka-aircon naman dito pero tagaktak ang pawis ko. I can feel my heart beating too fast.

"You're not scared right now?" Tinaas ni Tito ang kilay niya and rested his chin on his clasped hands.

"No, Sir. Because I am terrified." I started. "I am terrified of the thought that you might not give me the chance to love your daughter. I am terrified because there is a possibility that what I'm showing you right now won't be enough. Sir, I love Aiah and you know that. You witnessed that. When she didn't listen to me, l've always been there for her and I already love her this much that time. I was hurting yes, but I didn't care, Sir. I am willing to take the pain inflicted by her if it means her happiness. Her happiness is mine, too. Her pains, her fears, her failures, they are also mine to take. To feel. I would sacrifice anything to keep her. I'm serious about her, Sir. I know that, maybe this? What I'm feeling for her? Might be wrong for most people out there, or even with you but I am willing to do anything to make you feel that this is right."