Chapter 13: Happy Aiah Day

Mikha's POV

The guests are enjoying their drinks and appetizers, there are already so many familiar faces but guest after guest arrives, one by one, by pair, or even group. Family friends, friends, business partners, and many more. Some of the media men are also here to cover her birthday.

Some of them are enjoying the photo booth or just simply talking. I trail behind Colet as she talks to the guests to entertain them. Well that's our job for this night, to be good hosts and make sure everyone is okay. While all of my friends are doing marvelous with it, it's the opposite for me. I've never been good at mingling with people.

I'm trying though, exchanging few Hi/Hello to the people I know. And politely smiling at the people who greets me. I badly want to take my seat and go to my own little world.

"Hello, Mikhs." My attention was caught when I heard a familiar voice.

"Oh, Hi, ate Daph." I smiled at her and leaned forward to kiss her.

"I see you guys are wearing matching outfits." she said. I scanned ate Daph, despite her age, she is still so beautiful.

Ate Daphne used to be the Student Council's president. She has a sister named Jazz who happened to be my classmate wayback in high school.

I watched her as she wander around the room and checked out my friends and l's clothes.

"Yeah." I smiled shyly. "You have no company? Want me to call Colet?" I asked.

"No, need. But, thank you, I'm with Jazz she was just kidnapped by some of our friends." she said with a laugh. "Jazz's looking for you." her tone is suggestive and blushed.

I hope Colet will rescue me, after she greeted ate Daph kasi, she left me and talked to the other guests. "You're still charming, no wonder Jazz likes you." she's so straight forward.

This is why I'm always tensed when I see her. I don't know how to react so I stayed staring at my feet with a shy smile.

"I'll go over to my parent's, it's nice to see you." she still has her amused smile, I watched her leave. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.