•43• Rob

Is it wrong to be in love with your boss?

My name is Rob, I'm twenty one years old and I work at a formal clothing shop. I have the biggest crush on the store manager and boss, Gwen.

Right now I'm helping Gwen to close down the shop for tonight. It's just me and her in the room. She laughs at a joke I have just told which causes me to grin in triumph. She smiles at me, I think I can even see her blushing! It's going well so far, I need to stall her and spend as much alone time with her as I can.

"Hey Gwen, I know that we should be closing up now but the mall doesn't close for another half an hour, wanna try on some things?" I suggest and she giggles.

"Sure! I'm not getting picked up for another twenty minutes anyways." She says.

"Okay let's go!" I grab her hand and pull her towards the back of the shop, grabbing suits and dresses along the way. She doesn't let go of my hand. Four dresses and two suits later, Gwen comes out with a deep purple dress on. It is strapless and poofs out a bit at the bottom, the fabric glitters and over all Gwen looks amazing. I really wish I could go up and kiss her right now!

"How do I look?" She asks jokingly and I smile widely at her. "Absolutely beautiful." I say sincerely and she blushes, dashing back into the change room. Oh yeah, she definitely wants me!

The two of us head outside and walk to where my car is, I will wait with her while her friend or whoever picks her up. A super nice motorcycle suddenly park beside my car and the diver jumps off, coming towards us. I raise my arm up to protect Gwen but she pushes past me and runs up to the guy, throwing off his helmet in a flash and embracing him.

"I missed you so much!" Gwen says and he laughs. "I know I'm sorry I was needed an extra day. Reyna wanted help planning the next feast of Fortuna." He then turns to me and to my dismay I see that he is very attractive. He holds out a hand and I feel obliged to shake it so I do.

"Hi I'm Dakota, Gwen's fiancé! And you are?" He asks kindly. Fiancé?! I so badly want to slap the smile off of his face!

"Rob." I say, gritting my teeth. Gwen somehow notices the tension between a us and says.

"Bye Rob! See you next week!" She takes Dakota's hand and hops onto the motorcycle in front of Dakota. For some reason she doesn't seem to want him driving. Now I'm angry. She can't just lead me on like that and then ditch me!!!!!!! My heart is thumping faster and faster. All I see is red as get into my car and push down on the pedal, hard. I can see their bike and they don't notice me until its to late. I slam into their bike and the two go flying off. Everything goes black, but hopefully Dakota is dead.

I regret nothing.

One hour later...

I wake up in a weird place. There are people everywhere but we all seem to be transparent. I look to one side and see a huge podiums with mean looking people on them, lines have been made as people are waiting to be judged... But for what?

On my other side I see an endless field where others are walking around aimlessly. I can't remember anything, except that two people named Gwen and Dakota should be here with me, but they aren't. I can somehow tell they aren't here.

"They are back with the living." A voice tells me.

"And you are stuck with the dead."

READ THIS
If you don't like this ending, read on! There is a short alternate ending right after this paragraph. All of this still happened, but if you don't want him dead, then read on.

Rob's POV
I jolt out of bed, sweat dripping on my forehead. I look around and see Gwen sleeping on the other side of the room. She is a daughter of Venus, just like me and we are both part of the fifth cohort at camp Jupiter. Wait did I just have a dream about being in love with Gwen?!?!?!??

"GROSS!!!!!" I accidentally exclaim and four people jump up, startled. I got a fifteen minute pillow beating for that!

Demigod dreams absolutely suck!