•9• Declan

I knock on the door of my uncle Frederick's house. My family was here for the "Chase Reunion" Ya, my last name is Chase... Weird, isn't it?

"I'll get it!" I hear a boy shout. I didn't recognize this voice though. It didn't belong to one of my cousins but was way too young to be one of my uncles.

A boy with curly brown hair and sparkling brown eyes opens the door.
"Oh!" He says, then turns around and shouts. "Annabeth! It's more of your family!"

"No duh, Leo!" I hear my cousin shout back and she appears in the doorway. "Hey Declan!" Annabeth says with a smile. She hugs me and invites me inside.

The whole family is here and some people who... Aren't a part of our family.

"Declan, these are my friends Piper, Hazel, Leo who you just met, Frank, Jason and my fiancé Percy!" She says brightly, gesturing to the six of them as she speaks.

My mouth drops open. "Wow! Your engaged... That's awesome! Congrats!" I gush and she laughs. "Thank you! Come sit!" She tells me and I oblige.

"So these are all your friends?" I ask.

Then a different girl, Hazel, speaks.
"Sort of. Annabeth is sort of like my step niece. But that's not how we met!"

Then the blond guy speaks."Ya, and I'm Hazel's step-cousin. So I guess that makes me your step uncle, Annie!" He teases and she glares.

He starts laughing but she punches him, effectively shutting him up.

I hear the doorbell ring and I decide to go get it, thinking it will be another relative. But a lady with black hair and cold grey eyes is standing outside instead. She reminds me of Annabeth quite a bit. They have the same eyes and features.

"And let me guess... Are you Annabeth's long lost sister or something." I ask, eyebrows raised.

She laughs. "Actually no, I'm her mom."