55 Brent

Most of you probably don't get why I ship Connor and Reyna well its because one day I thought of this situation where Connor thinks Reyna is pretty and stupidly asks her out but he's scared cause she's so serious and all of the guys are teasing him and saying she'll reject him. So then he goes and asks her out and she agrees and he's just completely shocked and then they start dating I think they be cute so I will do one or two Ceyna parts. Anyways enjoy the chappie!

My name is Brent Luwalker, remember that. I'm not the smartest or most attractive guy at my high school but half of the male population worship me. It's because I am the best gamer in the whole city. I've won countless competitions and have even made money in the process. I play mostly call of duty and other play station games but I play on my pc too. I have dark brown hair and dark blue eyes and I am hot enough I mean I've dated like ten girls in my life and I'm in grade eleven. And before you say anything I am not a player, I just get bored of the same people really easily so I dump them. Okay... that probably made me sound like a douchebag. Anyways I am telling you this because today I am going on my second date with this girl named Jane. She knows I love video games so she suggested we go to the local arcade. I agreed I mean sure those aren't my favorite kind of games but they're videogames none the less! After we are going to see a movie, her choice. Oh well I had better leave and pick her up now!

Once we get to the arcade I start to get excited. We spend half an hour running around and trying out different things and so far I am having a really good time. Eventually I spot the old pac-man machine tucked in a corner with a long line of people behind it. I grab Jane's hand, causing her to blush in the process, and pull her eagerly over to the line up. At first she is reluctant because of the crowd but she agrees after I shoot her a pleading look. There are about ten people in front of us and I watch as all of them fail miserably at getting the new highest score. Never mind that, they can't even make it into the top ten. I could get the new high score easy, and then I'll show off and impress Jane. This is perfect! Finally it is my turn and I jump up to the machine, putting a few rusty old coins in the coin slot. The classic music quickly starts and the screen flashes. Then the game starts and I begin moving the little yellow character around with skill and ease. Pac-man has always been one of my favorite games, even though I can't stand the ghosts. They look harmless and maybe even cute... but they are one hundred percent evil! I quickly make it into the top ten and people begin to crowd around. I can hear whispering around me, bets on whether I'll beat it or not. my rank moves up to number four. Then to three and then to two. All of the ghosts are after me and just as I'm nearing number one, they begin to catch up. They quickly catch me and I groan in frustration but then I look up at the screen and see my score. My eyes widen. I beat it! I actually beat it, not that I'm surprised. Jane grins and kisses me on the cheek and everyone around me cheers. That's when I start to get a little bit cocky.

"Who here thinks they can beat that score?!" I exclaim excitedly and confidently. I laugh but from the back of the crowd, I see a hand poking up. I raise on eyebrow and a guy drags a short girl with caramel brown hair through the crowd. She glares at him furiously before turning to me.

"You think you can beat me?" I ask incredulously and she shakes her head. She is about to respond when the guy speaks up.

"Of course she can!" He says with a mischievous grin that makes me want to punch him. "My girlfriend could beat that score easily!"  

Everything is silent for a moment. And then everyone, mainly me, begins to laugh. I scoff and look at her amusedly saying. "Doubt it. I'm the best. Plus you're a girl."

The last comment I maybe shouldn't have said because the next thing I know, she's fuming and the guy is standing with his arm around her waist protectively. She stomps up to me and looks me dead in the eyes.

"You know what? I haven't even played a video game before. And I may be a girl, but even with both of those "disadvantages" or whatever you want to call them... I'll still beat you!" She spits out at me and her boyfriend grins. I smirk and step out of the way. She begins to play and I am surprised when she is still going five minutes later. But still convinced that she will lose any second, I keep my confident attitude up. Everything starts to go downhill when she reaches the top ten. Her boyfriend starts to cheer and none of the crowd has left. They all want to see how good she is. I can't believe that she's never played any kind of video game before! Before I know it she's in the top five... and then she is number four, then three, then two. Now I'm starting to get nervous. Her boyfriend is standing beside her with his hand on her shoulder supportively and he is whispering encouraging things to her. I seem to fall into a daze and I only snap out of it when I hear cheering louder than I've ever heard before. And I look up at the screen to see something shocking.

She beat me. She actually beat me! Her score is 2070 points higher than mine! Everyone is cheering and jumping around excitedly. The mysterious girl whom I still don't know the name of, is on her boyfriend's back, laughing as he jumps around.

"I knew that you could do it, Caly!" He says excitedly and she giggles before kissing him.

"Beginner's luck, that's what its called now, right?" She asks curiously and he laughs.

"That's right. Beginner's luck."

This chapter without the AN was 1000 words. BE PROUD!