Thirty-Six

"This is a stupid plan." I snap at Liam.

"Do you have a better idea?" He asked.

"Yes, not breaking into Harry's apartment." I snarled unhelpfully. I didn't have a better plan at all, but I knew this one was not a smart plan in the slightest.

"I'm doing this with or without you." He said firmly.

I sighed. "Fine. I'll do it. But for the record, I think this is stupid."

"Noted." Liam spat back at me. "Call him."

I stepped away from Liam dialing Harry's number, he answered quickly. "Hey!" He greeted me.

"Hey." I said back holding out the word far too long. "What're you doing tonight?"

"Nothing."

"If you want, I'd love to take you to dinner to thank you for everything."

"I'd love too!" Harry answered quickly.

"Great! How's 7?" I looked over seeing Liam was holding up eight fingers at me "Actually let's make it 8." I corrected and Liam gave me the thumbs-up. "Ok. I'll meet you at my place then." I said ending the call after Harry agreed.

"Good job!" Liam said looking at his watch. "It's 6 now we've some work to do." He started walking to my car leaving me behind in the alley. I sigh following him, knowing I don't have any other choice.

"What exactly do you mean by work?" I fired up my car engine.

"Lets just talk at my place."

"Why can't you just tell me now?"

"Because I don't want to." Liam snapped.

"You amaze me with how much of an asshole you are."

"It's a gift." He sneered as we pulled into the apartments. I got out of the car as Liam made his way, without waiting for me, into our building. We took the lift up in silence and Liam quickly opened up his door letting me duck inside discreetly before stepping in himself. I waited as he grabbed a duffle bag shoving it in my hands and opening it pulling out different technology gadgets and wires. "Put this on." He commanded handing me a wire.

"Why do I have to wear a wire?"

"Because I need to be able to hear you and know if you're close or coming back abruptly. This way you can warn me."

"How will I know if you're out of dodge?"

"Because you also get this earpiece so I can talk to you."

"Great, I love having you right in my ear."

"If you do your job right and are a good distraction then you won't have to have my voice in your head for long." He said sharply.

"Fine, but don't you think Harry will notice my earpiece and wire? He is in the security business."

"No, he isn't." Liam argued.

"Yes, he is." I argued back. "That's what he told me." I add feeling less sure of myself, less sure of Harry telling me the truth.

"Then for your sake, doll face, you better hope he isn't good at his job." Liam told me with a smug smile on his face.

"Put this under your shirt." He directed me. I dropped it inside the collar lacing it down my front. Liam reached up under my shirt surprising me with his hands washing over my skin. His eyes flitted up to meet mine as he held on to my body with his warm hands, I felt myself hold my breathe then he pressed a strip of tape over the wire securing it in place and his hands disappeared from my skin. I missed them instantly.