Fifty-Two

I felt my fear float away as Harry hugged me back with one arm. "Nice to see you to Em." He smiled cheekily.

"Styles." Liam said gruffly. Both Harry and I turned looking at Liam, his gun was still raised and pointing directly at Harry. "What are you doing here?"

"Liam." I said sternly. "Put the gun down." He didn't.

"Emma, how can you trust him?"

Harry slowly raised his gun back up pointing it at Liam. "I'm here to help you Payne, but you have to put the gun down first."

"All those files you had about me, how do I know you're not one of Trey's guys trying to find me like Dani said?" I stepped back from Harry wondering if Liam was right, was Harry one of Trey's goons, had I been so blind all this time?

"I don't want to hurt you Payne. I'm here to protect you."

"Who says I need protection?" Liam snapped. I stepped back towards Liam leaving Harry behind me.

"Don't be an idiot. You think after a boy gets his father killed by one of the top gangster in Britain that he won't have any protection for his life?" Harry snarled letting his anger show.

"You are protecting him?" I spun around to look at Harry.

"I know everything about Liam's past Emma. I've been his protector for the past four years." Harry admitted.

"You have no authority to track me." Liam growled. "So don't lie, you're not a Marshal you're a hired gun. Trey's hired gun. I put my gun down and you put a bullet in my skull."

"Again with the stupidity Payne," Harry snarled. "Do you seriously think if I was a hired gun that I wouldn't have shot you anytime in the four years I lived across the fucking hall from you?"

"I didn't say you were a particularly good hired gun did I?" Liam sneered.

"Emma, would you come here?" Harry smiled from behind the pistol.

"Leave her the fuck out of this." Liam growled.

"I can prove I'm a Marshall if she comes here." He spoke softly.

I looked at Liam unsure if I should but he nodded it was ok. "No funny business Styles." Liam growled as I slowly approached Harry.

I stood off to his right side just out of the way of his gun. "Reach into my pocket." He commanded. I must have shown the disgust on my face because Harry smiled and spoke again. "Relax, not that pocket, though if there's time later-"

"Fuck you Styles." Liam swore angrily.

"My left jacket pocket." Harry instructed. I slowly reached around his gun and slipped my hand inside his jacket feeling my way for his pocket. In the seam sat a small book like object and I tugged it out. "Open it." Harry ordered me again. I pulled open the leather opening up a good shiny metal badge and Harry's credentials under the large title of U.K Marshall. "See? Now do you believe me?" He asked looking at Liam.

"Hardly." He still had his gun pointed at Harry. I calmly stepped towards Liam.

"Liam, maybe he is telling the truth, he has the badge." I whispered.

"I still don't trust him even if he is telling us the truth." He wasn't looking at me when he spoke, instead he looked past me, at Harry. His eyes harboring so much hate and fear. Without hesitation I stepped in front of the barrel of the gun locking eyes with Liam. He shifted the gun trying to move it around me to point it back at Harry again but I held his hand and the gun against my heart.

"You're not a murderer Liam. If you want to shoot Harry, then the bullet is going to have to go through me to get to him." I said firmly. He glared at me for a moment before putting the gun down by his side and flipping the safety back on.