One

"I can't believe you are in London!" Casey says through the computer screen, her features distorted slightly as I move my laptop off the still packed box I'd fashioned into a coffee table onto my lap. "Without me." She arched her brow giving me the scolding teacher look that she perfected.

I mirrored her stern look and sighed as I took a sip of my wine. "You know why I left."

"I know babe, promise me your ok?"

"I can't say that is true yet but I'll get there. I think the fresh start is what I need." I say happily back as I scan my new and very much empty apartment. "I miss you though."

"Maybe you'll meet attractive British boys, or have you already?" Casey asks eagerly her smile clearly evident on the screen.

"What type of romantic comedy do you think I live? It's not like they just knock of your door. I haven't even unpacked yet."

"There is always time for Brits Em, duh!" She giggles back to me as she types something into her phone. I frown slightly.

"Hey, you two timing me?" I ask looking at her phone in her hand.

"Simmer down sista! I'm talking to Andy." Casey explains happily, her eyes still glued to her phone. Of course. Mr. Prince Charming. I wish I had something like him in my life. My love life has been pretty slow these past few months. Ok, slow is an understatement, try dead.

"How is Andy?" I asked her.

"Good!" She put her phone down then immediately picked it back up as it buzzed again. "Speaking of..." She showed me the caller ID on her phone as Andy's picture popped up. I've got to go Em. I love you though, miss you already!" Casey blows a kiss into the screen as I mock catch it pressing it to my heart.

"I love you too! Tell Andy hi, talk to you later!" I wave as she begins to close her laptop.

"Oh! I almost forgot. I want pictures of all the attractive Brits you meet while you are there!"

"Goodbye Case!" I groan as she laughs disconnecting the Zoom call.

I looked around the flat at the sad disarray of packing boxes deciding I should unpack. Sighing as I cross the room pulling my duffle bag towards me and pull the zipper open to get started. A rap of knuckled hits my door as I look up wondering who would knock on my door when I literally know no one in this country. Happy to drop the duffle bag for any excuse to prolong my unpacking I move past the kitchen to open the front door.

I peek through the peep hole seeing a tall man, with skinny black jeans on and a ratty old t-shirt is on the other side of the door his smile is accented by deep dimples and his hazel eyes hypnotized me instantly. He pushes back is unruly curly dark hair off of his forehead with his free hand.

"Hello." I greet the stranger through the door.

"Erm, hi. I'm sorry to bother you, is this a bad time?" He says politely, each word dripping in a thick British accent.

Deciding it is probably safe I pull open the door coming face to face with the stranger. The very cute stranger, I smile kindly at him and he returns with his own smile making me feel at ease quickly.

He extends his hand for me to shake. "I'm Harry Styles. I live in 3R so I guess that makes us neighbors." Harry says slowly his voice low and gravely as I get lost in his accent.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Emma Diamond."

"Pretty name." He comments then his eyes go wide as if he wasn't sure if he actually said that out loud. I smirk at him.

"Thank you."

"Uh, well I won't take up any more of your time. Just wanted to introduce myself, and give you this as a little welcome to the building gift." Harry says extending a plate of cookies out for me to take.