Three

Niall leads me around the office and I am in awe of the inner workings of this studio. I knew coming into one of the biggest up and coming studios in London would be impressive but the amount of joy I was getting from seeing each room was unparalleled to what I had expected.

Studio work wasn't knew to me, I'd been working in portrait studios for almost a decade now since I was 17. "Here is our gear locker." Niall said as we turned a corner coming to a big metal gage. It was full of every type of gear you'd ever needed. I let out an audible gasp. "I know right, it's basically porn." I laughed at his description but he was right, for a camera junkie like me, this was the equivalent to porn. "I come here when I am stressed out and just hang out inside." He added as he unlocked the door letting me step in.

"I'm overwhelmed." I whispered in awe as he laughed.

"It is impressive, but I have some more things to show you." I nodded following him out of the locker and letting him lock it shut behind us. He walks me back to the break room and shows me a few more rooms then back to the bullpen, which is wear all the office and administration works. I follow him as he weaves in and out of the desk clusters in the middle. He pushes open a frosted glass door leading me into a large office.

"Is this your office?" I asked looking out at the city view from the large glass windows, the rain from the night before making the city look nice a shimmery in the morning light.

"This is your office," Niall answers. "I'm next door."

"Mine?" I spin around to face him with shock. He just nods with the biggest smile on his face.

"Wow!" I breathe taking in my new workspace. "I was expecting a cubical." He laughs.

"I'll just let you get settled then, like I said I'm in the next office over, if you need anything." He made his way to the door.

"Thank you Niall." I say as he waves me goodbye leaving me alone in my new office.

I smile running my hand along the new furniture as I drop my bag into the seat in front of the large wooden desk. The computer displays the time as it's screensaver as I test out my desk chair pulling out the random paraphernalia I have stashed in my bag.

I put up the pictures along my shelf, decorating the large space with tokens from my home until my bag is almost empty.

A knock on the door makes me look up as I see Niall standing behind the glass holding a camera, another one wrapped around his neck. I smile waving him in.

"Hi. Sorry to bother you again, I was trying to give you a light morning, but we have a client coming in soon and I could use your help." He grins.

"Of course!" I say getting up to meet him.

"Great!"

We make our way into the studio. "So how long have you been here?" I ask as I watch Niall set up his camera equipment.

"Almost four years." He says, I smile at his Irish accent.

"What?" He asks catching me grinning.

"Nothing, it's just your accent. What part of Ireland are you from?"

"Mullingar. I moved here for the job, been here ever since." He answered. "What about you? I can tell you're American with that accent but what part of the states are you from?"

"I don't have an accent." I say stupidly.

Niall rolls his eyes. "Nobody has an accent at home Emma." I laugh realizing he is right.

"I'm from Seattle, Washington." I say as I adjust a back drop moving the light screens around the room.

"Can you hand me that 50mm lens beside you?" Niall asks as I walk it over to him. "Washington huh? The nation's capital." I laugh rolling my eyes.

"No, Washington DC is different from Washington State. Seattle is in Washington State." I explain. Niall looks at me, blank faced as he attaches the lens to his camera. "Washington State is like up in the top northwest corner of America." I explain more.

"I failed geography." Niall says simply shrugging as I laugh once more.

"You're hopeless." I say as we chuckle together.

The studio is full of celebrities because Capture is a famous brand that got its big break shooting with celebrities. Today is the shoot for Adele, yes that Adele, I try to behave normally but it's hard standing next to someone this famous. Niall is a natural though and I find myself admiring his ease even more.

Several people walk by us smiling and laughing. Niall looks up to me more excited than ever.

"It must be lunch time!" He exclaims rubbing his hands together in excitement. Once more I find myself following Niall into the break room, he like my own personal tour guide.

"Perrie!" he says happily high-fiving the pretty blond closest to him.

"Niall, loudest one here, as usual!" She laughs as he moves on to the rest of the room talking to each person individually. "You're new! I'm Perrie Edwards." She smiles greeting me.

"Emma Diamond." I introduce myself. "It's my first day."

"Welcome to the company. I see you've met Niall already. Are you a photographer as well?"

"Yes, I am, he has been showing me the ropes." I say as I pull out my lunch taking a seat closest to Perrie. "What do you do?"

"I'm a stylist. I work with the publicist for the artist and build them a look that the photographer, artist and their publicist can all agree on. You must be the fancy new photographer from the states then. The whole company is a buzz about you!"

"They are?" I ask shocked. "I didn't think I was that notable."

"I've seen your work, you are very notable, we're lucky to have you." She smiled as more of the staff filed into the break room sitting down beside us. Perrie and I continue to talk over our lunches as she kindly introduces me to the people around us.

Eleanor; a makeup artist and stylist like Perrie is next to us. She is beautiful, I felt so unremarkable in my own looks but none of them made me feel like I was. Samantha the company's creative director and brand manager and Gwen who is in charge of all our clients, "She is the one who makes sure they are happy when they are in the studio." Perrie told me.

I was in awe of them all as I smiled and laughed with these women who offered to show me around the city, easily inviting me into their tight knit circle."Oh ladies! It's 12:25!" Gwen squeals excitedly as the rest of the ladies grin.

"What happens at 12:25?" I ask confused on the sudden alarm.

"You just wait! It's the best part of the entire day!" Perrie laughs as she checks her reflection in her compact mirror. I smile wondering what it could be.

"Here they come!" Samantha whispers as I turn around to see a couple of men walking towards us in bike shorts wheeling their bikes down the hall. I smile seeing the flexed muscles showing through their tight spandex shorts as my eyes scan them up and down.

Their bright shirts drawing my attention, I feel my smile fade as I look at the two men walking towards us as I read 'Speed Racer Messaging' on his chest. They both come into the room smiling as I make eye contact with him, he winks making my skin crawl.

"Hi ladies," The man I don't know says politely as he leans on his red bike. He is covered in tattoos and his hair is shaved almost entirely, he wouldn't be someone I'd like to bump into on the streets but then he smiled and I felt my skepticism of his outward appearance float from my mind. What a damn smile, I see why the girls set their watches by him. Perrie snaps out of her trance as she looks at me. "Oh guys this is,"

Liam cuts her off. "Emma." I glare at him wondering how he knew my name as the rest of the group stare at us. "We've met." Liam smirks chewing on his bottom lip. I feel my cheeks go red in embarrassment.