Fourteen

I'm frozen, numb from his kiss, as I stumble back into my apartment. My mind whirled.

I jumped from the sound of toast rocketing out of the toaster, my body shaky and unsettled, I closed my eyes trying to steady myself. That only made it worse though. I could still feel his lips, lingering on mine, my heart raced.

I reached over to my phone dialing his number, I waited until he picked up, "Niall!" I spoke eagerly into the receiver.

"Emma? What's going on?" Niall asked.

"Niall, erm sorry to call you so early."

"It's ok. Are you ok? You sound"

"Sick? I am." I interrupted him.

"I was going to say scared, jumpy."

"It came on strong. I was kind of... caught off guard." I answered truthfully but vaguely.

"So your calling out sick huh?"

"Yea, I'm going to call Capture but I wanted to give you the heads up too."

"Thanks a lot Diamond. Who's going to entertain me all day?" He laughed into the phone. I smiled.

"Oh well if you get bored I like chicken and broccoli soup."

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind." He chuckled. "Emma, are you sure you're ok?"

"I'm good, just need some rest."

"This doesn't have anything to do with Liam does it?" He asks as I frown wondering how he knows, I wonder if Liam already texted him.

"Liam?"

"I mean yesterday in the break room you two seemed like you had some sort of argument."

"No, this isn't anything to do with that Ni, I just don't feel great."

"I hope you feel better, I am truly sorry if Liam hurt you, I feel like that's my fault. I introduced you guys."

"Thanks, but you don't have to apologize for anything, you've been great." I assured him. "I should call Capture. See you tomorrow Ni."

"Feel better Em." Niall said softly, using my nickname, it sounded so nice coming from him.

"Thanks Ni, I'll see you tomorrow I'm sure." I hang up the phone as I dial the studio.

The call doesn't last long as I plop myself down on the couch exhausted from the morning events. I open my laptop pulling open Facebook, curiosity getting the better of me I type in Liam Payne into the search bar. Zero results pop up. I furrow my brow. Zero results, that is odd for such a common name. My notification alert pings as I see a friend request. Clicking on it I see the face of Harry. I accept his request Clicking the link to his profile but it's pretty empty, with the exception of a picture or two with his friends. I smile as a message box from him pops onto the screen. "Hi, aren't you supposed to be at work?" He writes.

"Sick day... what about you?"

"I'm on call..."

"Fun."

"Not really...I'm bored."

"Sorry."

"Are you really sick or just faking?"

"Ha, maybe a bit of both. Feeling better now but didn't want to go to work..."

"You're a terrible person! Lol!"

"I am not! Take that back!"

"Haha ok, ok. You're alright."

"You must really be bored if your talking to me..."