Fifty-Four

"LIAM PAYNE!" A loud voice echoed in the quiet snow covered terrain. "COME OUT, COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!"

"Trey." Liam growled under his breath. He was toying with Liam as he waved a gun around crazily.

"We have to get out of here!" Danielle whimpered. Louis was holding on to her.

"What about Zayn?" Niall asked raising his gun for the first time.

"You can't be serious?" Louis asked Niall. "Now you don't want to leave him behind?"

"We have to save him!" Niall snapped.

"If we save him now we risk all our lives!" Danielle cried.

"He helped save your boyfriend!" Liam yelled at her.

"And I thank him immensely, but we can't jeopardize our lives again. I'm running out of ways to get away from Trey."

"Fine then, go." Liam hissed angrily.

"GET OUT HERE PAYNE OR HE DIES!" Trey shouted again. Harrison was holding Zayn up as Trey pointed his gun right at his temple.

"Niall, take Louis and Danielle out the back. There is a jeep about a click east of here. Get them out of here and bring them in to the safe house." Harry commanded still maintaining a line of sight on Trey and Zayn, his gun in his hand.

"But, Zayn?" Niall asked.

"I'll get him out safely. Go now!" Harry assured him. Niall scrambled helping Louis up as he and Danielle each grabbed an arm dragging him off to the back half of the cabin.

I turned back to Liam and Harry who we're both looking out the window from hidden positions.

"Ok, what's the plan?" I asked Liam crouching beside him hidden behind the couch as we looked out on Trey and this gang surrounding a bloodied Zayn.

"I'm still working on it." Liam huffed.

"Well, what do you have so far?" I asked him.

"Nothing." Liam confessed with a shrug.

"Well, that's helpful." I snapped sarcastically.

"I have something but you're not going to like it." He replied.

"What's that?"

"A trade." Liam suggested.

"You're right I don't like it, in fact I hate it." I growled.

"That's our only option Em."

"He's right Emma." Harry spoke.

"No one asked you!" I snarled at him. "There has to be a better way." I said turning back to Liam.

"If we don't do this soon, we're all dead." Harry hissed back.

"Emma, I love you." Liam spoke drawing my attention away from Harry. "I love you so much."

"Don't!" I stopped him. "I know what you're doing."

"I'm not doing anything." Liam argued.

"Yes, you are! You're saying goodbye. Don't."

Liam reached out grabbing my shoulders tightly. "Emma you have to understand-"

"No Liam! You have to understand, I'm not letting you go out there with this hair-brained scheme, you're going to get yourself killed."

"If I do nothing then Zayn dies!" Liam snapped.

"If you do what you're about to then you're going to die."