Fifty

When I opened my eyes the pain rushed back as my eyes adjusted to the bright florescent lights above me. I slowly shifted in the bed pulling my self up into more of a seated position. The hospital room I was in was new and modern. I was in a room alone that looked out into the nurses station through a large glass wall which doubled as a sliding glass door entrance.

Directly in front of the glass stood Niall talking to a man in a white coat, whom I could only assume was my doctor, they both looked concerned. I felt my stomach turn as I lurched violently to the side of the bed throwing up on the tile floor beside me.The doctor and Niall stepped into my room crossing over to me quickly.

"Steady does it Ms. Diamond." The doctor coached me as he listened to my breathing. I wiped my mouth on the back of my hand trying to not look as pathetic as I felt. Niall stood behind him looking bleak.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You tell us Emma." Niall spoke.

"I saw you, with a gun, you saved me." I tried to remember but it was all so fuzzy.

"It wasn't a gun, it was an external camera flash that I held out to look like it was a gun, I was just hoping they'd be too spooked to not investigate if it was an actual gun."

"That's gutsy." I commented and he laughed. "You could have been killed!"

"So could you have, but I wasn't not going to do something." Niall answered with his usual smile.

"I owe you my life." I whispered.

"No, you don't, if anything, buy me some lunch and we'll call it square." Niall brushed off humbly.

"I need to call Liam." I said realizing that if I was threatened he was certainly in danger.

"Already called him Em. He is on his way."

"I need to talk to him." I repeated urgently.

"Em, he's on his way, everything's going to be fine." He sat on the edge of my bed and hugged me comforting me.

"Thank you, for always being there Niall." I whispered to him.

"Hey what're friends for?"

Just then both Liam and Zayn clambered into the doorway. "Emma!" Liam yelped frantically. Niall stood up letting Liam in his spot as he and Zayn hung back talking amongst themselves. He hugged me tenderly burying his face into the crook of my neck. "I should have been there!" He whispered.

I caught Niall and Zayn's attention waving them out of the room for some privacy. They left. "It was Trey." I whispered.

Liam looked up at me fear plastered on his face. "How do you know?"

"The one that bashed my head into the wall told me."

"What did he look like?" Liam asked clearly angry.

"They wore ski masks, I could only see their eyes."

"Two guys?"

"Yea one stopped the other when he brought his knife out. They argued that I wasn't actually supposed to get hurt, apparently they were sent just to scare me."

"That sounds like Harrison, Trey's right hand man, he has always taken his own approach to orders."

"I think Louis was the second guy." I blurted out, Liam looked surprised and concerned. "I recognized his eyes, and he seemed to not want to hurt me, he got mad when Harrison escalated the attack."

"But if that's true then that means Louis is back working with Trey."

"He did go back to find Danielle, maybe he decided to stick around to see if she would come back." I suggested.