Chapter 8 The impressive kill

The kits have been with Mapleshade for almost a season. Right now on earth it is snow fall. The kits were a bit bigger. But still kits. Snowtuft was ordered to babysit her kits. Of course Snowtuft would rather be somewhere else. But he also likes to live. So doing what he was told he watches the kits. Patchkit looked up at Starclan. With hatred in his eyes. Cussing under his breath. Snowtuft went up to Patchkit.

Snowtuft: "Hey I know you're now a dark forest kit. But you shouldn't be cussing like that. You're only a kit."

Patchkit looked at Snowtuft.

Patchkit: "Fine........"

Patchkit stopped and went somewhere else in the den. Replaying the memories of Appledusk blaming his mother for his death. Out of anger he claws the trees.

SnowtuftPOV: He is an angy kit.

Snowtuft: "How bout we play a game."

Patchkit: "If it's the go to bed game. Pass."

Snowtuft: "Well mouse dung. Alright. How about who can kill this mouse quicker."

Snowtuft tosses a rotten mouse on the ground. Before Petalkit or Larchkit could go after it. Their patchy brother went for the kill ripping a piece of the creature throat pipe out.

Snowtuft: ".............Dear Starclan....THAT WAS AWESOME!"

Patchkit was huffing and puffing with the throat pipe clinging to his jaw. He slurped it up like spaghetti and chewed it down. Swallowing it.

Petalkit: "Patchkit where you learn to do that?"

Larchkit: "That was awesome!"

Patchkit: "I've been watching the other Dark forest cats fighting. They always go for the neck or claw their stomach open.
So.......I thought I tried something else. By ripping out the flesh that makes us breath and swallow."

Snowtuft: "I gotta tell Mapleshade about this."

Mapleshade: "Tell me about what?"

Mapleshade came back from her daily walk around the dark forest.

The kits: "Hi Mama."

Mapleshade: "Hello my little ones. Is Snowtuft taking real good care of you?"

Petalkit: "Mhm."

Larchkit: "Yes Mama."

Patchkit: ".....heh...He's alright...."

SnowtuftPOV: "Wow........I feel so loved😑"

Mapleshade looked at the mouse with a missing throat pipe.

Mapleshade: "My who did that."

Snowtuft: "Patchkit did."

Mapleshade looked at Patchkit
Patchkit licked his lips from the blood.
Mapleshade looked proud.

Mapleshade: "Looks like my sweet boy has been training on his own."

Petalkit: "Don't worry Mama. Once we become apprentices I'll train so hard that my paws fall off."

Maggottail: "Well hold on. You can't become apprentices. Unless you can magically come back to life again and be trained in a clan."

Larchkit: "He right Guys. Were stuck as kits."

Mapleshade: "Doesn't mean I still won't train you."

Patchkit stayed quiet. Maybe there is a way.

End of chapter 8