Chapter 17 pt 2 Snowpaw choice.

After a good night sleep the three cats were rested and relaxed. But for the rest. None of them could even get a single shut eye cuz of That brutal death. Patchshade acted scared and horrified. He couldn't show that he enjoyed it. They'll definitely kick him out. Petalwing and LarchJaw acted scared too.

Firestar was actually trying to think of what to do for the day for the warriors and apprentices. But he had a hard time as well. While Firestar Was thinking of what to do, Patchshade went to the apprentices den only to see Ashpaw bullying Snowpaw.

Ashpaw: "It's a good thing you can't hear me. I can't believe you're going to be a warrior soon. It's stupid. You can't even hear."

Snowpaw had no clue what he was talking about. He couldn't. Ashpaw was talking too fast, he couldn't read his lips.
As the bullying goes on Patchshade went into the apprentice den to grab Snowpaw by the scruff and take him out. Later. He was in the training arena

Snowpaw: "Patchshade why am I here?"

Patchshade Mouthing: "I couldn't handle it anymore with him. I had to get you out. He was talking crap about you."

Snowpaw: "What was he saying?"

Patchshade thought about this he realize if Snowpaw thinks Thunderclan cats are his enemies he could join them on there quest to vengeance. So picking the right words.

Patchshade Mouthing: "Ashpaw was saying how stupid and mouse brained that you're an apprentice."

Snowpaw gasp.

Patchshade Mouthing: "And Bramblepaw said he wishes you actually got taken by that hawk."

Snowpaw: "N No."

Patchshade Mouthing: "And I believe I heard Firestar say that he was getting tired of trying to train you because he has to repeat his words all the time."

Snowpaw started to cry.

Patchshade Mouthing: "Have Firestar make me your mentor and I promise we'll show them that you can be a warrior even if you can't hear us."

Snowpaw thought about this. It didn't take him long for him to make his choice. Firestar did his best to teach him the only reason he was his mentor was because his mother asked Firestar to train him. But he rather have the cats that understands him train him instead.

Snowpaw: "Patchshade. I want you to be my mentor. And I'll ask if Firestar will accept that."

Patchshade nodded his head. And then they went back to camp, Snowpaw was making his way towards Firestar den along with Patchshade.

Firestar: "Oh Patchshade and Snowpaw.
What brings you here?"

Snowpaw: "F Firestar. C can I be trained by Patchshade instead?"

The flame pelt warrior was confused.

Firestar: "Why? Don't you like me as your mentor?"

Patchshade Mouthing out Firestar words to Snowpaw so he could actually answer it.

Snowpaw: "Your a great Mentor Firestar. But you been having a hard time training me. I can barely understand you. And Patchshade is able to communicate with me. I think it would be easier if he was training me."

Firestar felt a little heartbroken, but he was right. With Snowpaw unable to hear him it's impossible to train him. He barely knows one battle move.

Firestar: "............. Very well. I'll ask Speckletail if she is alright with it."

Firestar headed for the warrior den were the she cat was licking her fore arms.

Speckletail: "Oh hey Firestar."

Firestar: Speckletail. "Your son Snowpaw is asking me if i have Patchshade be his mentor."

Speckletail: "......."

Firestar: "So I'm asking you if you're okay with that?"

Speckletail: "Well if that what my snowflake wants. Then go ahead Firestar. Patchshade and his littermates did became good friends. I just thought you would be the perfect choice to mentor him."

Firestar: "I guess not."

Speckletail: "Go ahead Firestar. You have my full permission."

Firestar went back to his den and told Patchshade and Snowpaw to head out.
Doing that they waited beside the high rock. Leaving his den he jumped on top of the rock.

Firestar: "Let all cats who are old enough to catch their own prey meet me here beneath the high rock."

The cats went up to him. And Patchshade littermates were beside him as always.

Firestar: "There is going to be a little change here for an apprentice and a mentor."

The cats were confused but they listened to Firestar.

Firestar: "Snowpaw thinks it would be best if Patchshade would mentor him."

Sandstorm: "But why? Didn't Specklestail. Asked you to mentor him?"

Firestar: "To be honest to everyone. Me and Snowpaw been having a hard time with him being deaf. Patchshade and his siblings are the only ones that can communicate with him without trouble."

The cats murmurs around, until Firestar lifts his paw for them to talk.

Firestar: "I already asked Specklestail about this. And she has given me full permission to switch Snowpaw mentor."

They look at the queen and she nodded her head. Then look back up to them.

Firestar: "Snowpaw it was an honor to train you."

PatchshadePOV: "Yeah right. He gives you a head ache. I saw you and Graystripe talking shit behind his back."

Firestar: "Snowpaw. I'm no longer your mentor. Patchshade. Train him hard and teach him everything you know."

PatchshadePOV: "Oh don't worry I will."

Patchshade and Snowpaw touched noes to confirm that Patchshade is his mentor. AshPaw still wasn't pleased that a deaf cat was going to be a warrior.

The next day Patchshade was teaching Snowpaw battles moves. And he actually knows a few thanks to the switch. Snowpaw can train better because they understand each other.

Patchshade mouthing: "Great job Snowpaw. Just like that. But if another cat jumped on top of you. Use your back legs to push them off of you."

Snowpaw nodded. And did what Patchshade said. He also secretly shows him some banned battles moves. He asked if Snowpaw didn't tell his clan that. He agreed. Patchshade wanted to tell him that he a kit that died seasons ago and was giving a second life to become the warrior his mother dreamed of him becoming. One day he might. But for now. He must keep silent and wait until it was the right time.

End of chapter 17 pt 2