Chapter 21. Pt 1 Patchshade PTSD

SnowEar was asked if he could watch the other clans. To make sure if everyone believes he Mapleshade kits. Riverclan was convinced. Windclan wasn't. Shadowclan now was thanks to Patchshade killing Littlecloud. Now they have a new medicine cat. Flametail. Patchshade wanted to keep an eye on Jayfeather. He was crossing the ice lake Jayfeather saw him. But ignore him to focus on his task. He was alongside Flametail. Patchshade went forward only to stop to see Flametail fall into the frozen lake. Jayfeather went in to save him but he couldn't. So he went back up in the air to catch his breath.

Patchshade head spin again with his legs weak. His breath became heavy, he could hear the scream of him drowning in the old forest river. He cried a bit.

Jayfeather could see this. He knew Patchshade was remembering his death.

Jayfeather: ".........I can see your past....."

Patchshade: "Good to know mouse shit."

Jayfeather: "..............."

He said nothing and went away. Patchshade scoffed and went the other way.

Later.....

Patchshade was by the stream he went up to get something to drink. He broke  the ice to get the water free. Once that's done. He lapped it up. The water was cold but he was thirsty. He didn't care if it made him freeze.

After he was done he was going to head back to camp. Only for a Riverclan cat to shove him in the frozen lake. He panicked and screamed real loud. The memories kept coming back except it became louder and louder. The Riverclan cat walked away. Believing he drowned. But Patchshade remembers seeing how those cats swim. Trying to copy them was hard cuz the water was freezing. It hurts him too much he started to feel numb. He could feel the same pain he felt all those years ago. In his vision he could see the water his siblings floating next to him and Mapleshead reaching for him. He tried his hardest to reach for her. But the kit lost it's life. And Patchshade's eyes closed. Thinking he ended up in the dark forest dying. But he didn't. He woke up in Leafpool medicine cat den.

Patchshade: "H Huh.......I'm..... Alive."

Jayfeather: "Surprisingly.."

Leafpool: "Jayfeather! He is lucky to be alive. He almost drowned!"

Jayfeather: "Grrr why didn't you let him?"

Leafpool: "A medicine cat job is to heal. Not fight. And I don't believe he is a kit of a thousand year old exile warrior. It's not possible."

Jayfeather: "But I'm telling the truth!"

Leafpool ignores him and tends to Patchshade needs.

Leafpool: "Here... These feverfew should help. Just eat them up."

Patchshade looks at the bush and eats the daisies like flower leaves. He didn't like the taste but it did help with his body temperature slowly rising back up again, he heard thunder outside. And the water was raining down hard reminding him of that awful day. He started having a PTSD attack.

Patchshade: "N N No! Not again! Mother! Guys!"

Patchshade was in his world believing he was drowning along with his family again.

Leafpool: "Jayfeather quick! Get thyme!"

Jayfeather didn't like it but he had no choice. So getting the dusky leaf. He goes over to Patchshade and hands it to him. Patchshade looked up at him with fear in his eyes. Jayfeather had a sense of what was going on in the Patchy Tom mind right now.

Leafpool: "Patchshade. Please eat these. They'll calm you down."

Patchshade was back in reality but before his PTSD panic attack came back again, he quickly ate the thymes. It took a while but his nerves were calming down.

Leafpool: "Feel better.....?"

Patchshade: "Y Yeah....thank you Leafpool. *ACHOO!*"

Leafpool: "Uh oh.. you got a cold. Best to stay here so your cold doesn't become white cough."

Patchshade: "Stupid Riverclan cat getting me sick."

JayfeatherPOV: "That cat should have damaged him before he shoved him in the lake."

Patchshade spent the rest of his days getting better. But it wasn't. A few moons go by and he starts getting white cough. It wasn't at the fatal point yet. But he felt like he was dying.

PatchshadePOV: "Is this how I'm going to die? By a stupid disease?"

End of chapter 21 pt 1......