Chapter 21 SnowEar death and message

Patchshade has been sneaking out of camp and going to SnowEar for the Catmint he asked him to steal from Windclan. Patchshade went up there to get his Catmint for tonight until the next full moon. So he doesn't run low on it quickly.

Patchshade was still sick and went through the crack of the old twoleg den. SnowEar was laying down not looking good himself.

Patchshade: "Shit you got White cough too?"

SnowEar: "It's quite easy for cats to get them in Leaf Bear."

Patchshade: "Have you had a Catmint to help?"

SnowEar: "Yeah. It's helping a little bit."

SnowEarPOV: "I don't have the heart to tell Patchshade that I'm actually dying. And I got Green cough."

SnowEar coughed up hard and his voice sounded rough.

Patchshade: "Take it easy SnowEar. Why don't you stay here until you're fully cured."

SnowEar: "............... Patchshade."

Patchshade: "?"

SnowEar: "Before you go. I want to tell you something."

Patchshade: "What is it?"

SnowEar: "I overheard that a bunch of Dark forest cats are going to strike and attack all the clans."

Patchshade: "How do you know that?"

SnowEar: "Apparently *KOFF KOFF* I can hear out of another cat ears. She was told by a cat named Ivypool. That Dark forest was going to attack. In the living world. *KOFF KOFF*"

Patchshade: ".........Thank you for giving me this information SnowEar...I'll leave you to rest."

Patchshade started walking off.

PatchshadePOV: "Dark forest cats attacking the living world. Hmm....if everything goes to plan as they hope, I can tell everyone who I really am. And I'll be the only cat alive. And maybe start my own clan. One....that won't betray me."

Time skip

Patchshade got back to the medicine cat den before Leafpool could notice. Jayfeather Loinblaze and Now two more cats believe Jayfeather vision.
Dovewing and Ivypool. The four cats stared at him angrily. He didn't care he just wanted to get better so he could go back to killing more cats. Some cats didn't die from the disease. But some were close. Everyone was surprised how quickly Patchshade was recovering without the Catmint.

Time skip...

Patchshade was going out to drink something from the lake only for a random Riverclan warrior to attack him again.

Patchshade: "Not again!"

the Riverclan cat charged at him Patchshade quickly dodged out of the way and went to claw at them only for them to closely claw Patchshade neck. scraps of his fur flies off. They both fight to the death. Patchshade was trying his best to stay alive. They are both covered in claw marks and teeth marks. The white snow was slowly becoming red snow from all the blood splatter that was happening. SnowEar saw this and had to save his foster brother. Going up to the river clan cat he grabbed the back of his neck and tossed him off of Patchshade. Patchshade couldn't move he was injured. SnowEar and the Riverclan cat were fighting now. SnowEar was winning. With one finally Slash to the face the cat ran off.

SnowEar: "*Pant pant* Mouse brained cat. *Pant pant* *KOFF KOFF*"

Patchshade: "Thanks bro. You saved me."

SnowEar purred hearing him calling him bro or brother related made him happy.

SnowEar: "I'll carry you back to the territory."

Patchshade nodded.

Time skip...

SnowEar lay Patchshade down on the ground. He was wobbling. Patchshade was concerned.

Patchshade: "Hey SnowEar? You o-"

SnowEar falls to the ground taking deep long breaths.

Patchshade: "Sn SnowEar?"

SnowEar: "........ Patchshade....I didn't have the heart to tell you..... but....I have green cough. And I haven't used the Catmint for myself."

Patchshade: "W Why?"

SnowEar: "I was saving them all for you.
I'm sorry."

Patchshade ears started to fall down.

SnowEar: "And I'm way to sick to be cured now. So...... Before I go....I want to say this."

Patchshade: "......Go ahead."

SnowEar: "I would have never come this far if it wasn't for you and your litter mates. If it wasn't for you. I would have been hawk food, if you didn't save me."

Patchshade Looks at him with sadness.

SnowEar: "And you helped me and mother communicate. Sure I couldn't hear her voice. But I was happy I could understand her."

Patchshade smiles remembering that.

SnowEar: "For all the pain I went through of being rejected by everyone cuz of my deafness. I had you and your litter mates as well."

Patchshade: "Because we know what it's like to be rejected by your own clan. And the reason is not your fault."

SnowEar: "........*KOFF KOFF* And you gave me a chance to finally hear. Thank you for everything........."

Patchshade: ".....Sniff sniff.....Your welcome........ Brother...."

SnowEar smiles and purrs loudly proud to be seen as a brother to Patchshade. Like that a few more hard coughs SnowEar has his finally breath. And lay limped down next to him.

Patchshade was crying seeing this. Someone that he cares about understand him is now dead. But....where well he end up? Well Starclan give him a second chance to be good. Or is he in the Dark forest? Either way, he hopes he can see him again once he gone.

Patchshade got up and went to his foster brother and mones for him. Closing his eyes for him. Patchshade spent the time to buried SnowEar. So no critter would eat his corpse. Now in the hole he made he tossed SnowEar in it, and covered it up. Now he was buried.

Patchshade: "Goodbye SnowEar.....Hope we meet on the other side soon."

Patchshade stays for a few minutes, then went back to camp. But fall flat on the ground near the entrance.

Firestar: "Patchshade! What in the name of Starclan happened to you."

Patchshade: "I just wanted to get something to drink by the lake and a Riverclan cat attacked me."

Firestar: "Ugh...Im not one to call Starclan vision false. But I don't believe that you're a kit of a long long ago exile warrior."

Patchshade: "........"

Brambleclaw pickup Patchshade and laid him on the moss bed in the medicine cat den. Leafpool came in to tend his wounds. Once that was done he went to sleep. But cried. Seeing SnowEar died of Green cough. And he used the last of his time to save him.

PatchshadePOV: "Thank you for everything as well SnowEar. See you soon."

End of chapter 21...