Chapter 13 Part 2 First kill.

Petalpaw: "So what did your mentor teach you guys?"

Patchpaw: "Tigerclaw was showing me the territory."

Larchpaw: "At least you weren't insulted."

Patchpaw: "Oh trust me brother. He hated me......I can see it in his eyes. Also..... doesn't he kinda remind you of someone."

Petalpaw: "Actually yes. Mama told me he Pinestar kit. And Pinestar was Oakstar kit."

Larchpaw: "Oh great. Patchpaw being trained by a kin of a traitor."

Patchpaw: "Actually guys. He might be of some use to us."

The two cats looked at each other and back at their brother.

Patchpaw: "Ravinepaw told Fireheart and Graystripe that Tigerclaw killed Redtail to become deputy. He is trying to gain power."

Petalpaw: "Why? The last thing I want is to be led by him."

Larchpaw: "Yeah....I agree with Petalpaw."

Patchpaw: "Think about it. We're apprentices. We're not going to do some real damage until we're warriors. We can use Tigerclaw to kill half of these cats for us. He already killed one... Who knows what other cat he killed."

Petalpaw: "Okay.... How we going to make him deputy? Lionheart already took the position."

Patchpaw: "Yeah....that's why I'm going to get rid of him."

Larchpaw: "H How?"

Patchpaw: "Death berry's."

Petalpaw: "And how are you going to feed it to him?"

Patchpaw: "I'll hide them in birds. That Lionheart favorite prey to eat."

Petalpaw: "Just only the birds?"

Patchpaw nodded.

Patchpaw: "Mama going to lead me where they are. Would you like to come?"

Petalpaw: "Heck yeah!"

Larchpaw: "But we can't leave now. They'll get suspicious.

Patchpaw: "That's why we're going when it's dark and everyone is asleep."

                            Time skip...

It was finally dark. Everyone was asleep. Except a few night patrollers but they can sneak past them. Patchpaw was sleeping next to his siblings. His ear twitched hearing the sound of the night.
Going up to Petalpaw and Larchpaw he tapped them to wake up.

Patchpaw: "Hey.....we can leave now."

Petalpaw and Larchpaw both wake up quietly. And sneak past the other sleeping apprentices. But quickly hides in one of the bushes. Seeing Fireheart and Graystripe come back.

PatchpawPOV: "Mouse dung."

Mapleshade: "Don't fret yet my kit. The fire pelt warrior is now out of view. Run."

Like they were told they ran out of the camp she told them to hide in the trees.
Now that they are older they could actually climb. Doing that and hiding in the tree bushes. Once it was safe they went back down and went to search for the berries. The journey was long but Mapleshade helped them find them.

Mapleshade: "Whatever you do. Do not eat them."

The kits nodded understanding the danger.

Grabbing a handful with each cat they return back to camp. Once back in camp they spend the time filling the bird prey with the berries. Petalpaw and Larchpaw were getting tired. And the Patchy fur Tom noticed this.