three: house fire

"Hey, hey it's okay," Andy says quietly sitting down on the edge of the bed

"Hey, hey it's okay," Andy says quietly sitting down on the edge of the bed. I shake my head feeling her wrap her arms around me, pulling me close. "Sh, sh I got you." I squeeze my eyes tightly together.

"Andy, I... I had to," I whisper not fighting the unknown woman. She was a stranger but she felt safe. She felt like a person you're supposed to trust. And she's a firefighter. I can trust them, right?

"Mija tell me exactly what happened."

I shake my head into her chest as she holds me close.

"I can't help if I don't know."

"I didn't mean to. It... I just wanted everything to stop. Did I- I killed him didn't I?" I try to pull away but the woman holds me a minute longer before pulling away. I look at her as she looks back and forth between my eyes.

"Y/n can I ask you a question?"

I slowly nod.

"Was your foster father hurting you? Touching you?"

I clench my jaw and stay quiet. Andy's brown eyes sink into me. I look away and towards the door just as it opens revealing a woman in a skirt and a nice blouse with a pull over suit jacket.

"Hi, sorry to interrupt-" she started and I already knew who she was. "I'm Gloria with child services, I'm filling in for your usual Qwendeline."

I look away from her as Andy gets up from the bed and gently squeezes my arm.

"Can I speak to you out in the hall a second?" Andy asks the person who I knew was going to relocate me. Probably some place worse or the same as I just was. But maybe I don't have too.

My eyes tear from the door and around the room. My eyes darting around swiftly looking for anything and everything I could find but there really wasn't anything in here. A low sigh escapes my lips as I reach up and tear off the tubes hooked to me. I tear the one from my nose and the one from my arm. I push the blankets off of me, feeling my stomach twist of pain. My body aches as I go to stand but fall back onto the bed and feel my fingers dig into the sheets of the hospital bed.

My heart races. My eyes squeeze together tightly feeling all that hurt, all that ache come flooding back like it did yesterday. Moments before disaster.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He screamed, he kept a tight hold of my hair pointing towards the now growing fiery flames. Tears stream down my face. My face hurting, my cheek burning from the brutal slap given moments ago. "This is going to cost you, you little bitch!"

He drags me by my hair towards the basement door. I try to fight him off. Pleas of forgiveness and cries of help slip through my lips, echoing from my throat. But no one was coming.

I hear the door open and feel myself picked up and thrown. I feel myself fall down the stairs like a tumbleweed. Every inch of me hurt till I fell to the last step hard, hitting my head. I didn't immediately go out surprisingly. My eyes barely stay open as I hear faint mumbles of curse words as hands grab me and pull me over to the mattress. My breathes go slow and I feel both my hands being tied together. And one thought lingered in my head as my eyes closed and that darkness consumed me "I could be free."