one: pilot

Arriving on scene flames burned brightly

Arriving on scene flames burned brightly. Embers flying right and left. The flames lighting up the night skies. The heavily gray smoke rising and rising into the atmosphere.

"19!" Captain Sullivan shouts as the team exits the engine. The team being the second ones to be called in. "Herrera and Gibson go in from the front! Take a line! Bishop and Hughes go in from the back! Sweep quickly! Tap out Station 23!"

The two teams split up. Placing on their masks and grabbing the hoses.

"Montgomery and Warren you're on triage! Be on stand by!" Captain Sullivan shouts. Both the aid car workers nod and get to the back of the ambulance getting supplies ready and the stretcher out. Sullivan looks up at the house fire, his eyes scanning every possible inch of the place. His head shaking back and forth.

"Captain! We got one! Bringing out through the back!" Hughes speaks through the radio.

"Upstairs is clear Cap!" Gibson speaks into the walkie. "Making our way back down-" Before Gibson could finish a window busts out the front. Flames bursting sending a few who were standing close to jump back.

Captain Sullivan grabs his walkie, shouting "19, get out now!" Hughes and Bishop come out holding up an unconscious older man. A white wife beater on with dark jeans and boots. His hair messed up. Dark smears from the flames and smoke covering his face, neck and arms. They get away from the house and lay him gently down on the ground, on the patch of grass across the street. Neighbors staying back, watching, gossiping.

"Herrera! Gibson! What's your status?" Sullivan asks speaking into the radio, seeing as Hughes and Bishop were out. Radio silence from the other two firefighters. Sullivan stands tall, clenching his jaw staring at the burning house knowing it was bad. He goes to hit his radio again when someone beats him too it.

"Captain there's a kid here! I saw a picture!" Herrera speaks, panicked through the radio. Sullivan moves his position glancing away from the house towards Hughes and Bishop shaking his head noticing the look of urgency on their faces.

"I gave you orders Herrera! You and Gibson, out now!" Sullivan demands back towards the firefighter. Inside Herrera hears Sullivan but ignores him. Jack Gibson looks at his partner, his teammate and places a hand on her shoulder.

"Andy we have to leave," Jack says, as Andy Herrera shakes her head.

"Jack there's a kid in here," Andy spoke back, looking back and forth between the man's eyes. A knowing look spread his face. The flames hot and getting bigger by the second.

"Okay okay fine. The only place not checked is that door-" Jack pauses and points ahead. Both Jack and Andy down close to the ground. The smoke from the flames causing them to be blinded.

"Let's go," Andy says. Both of them push forward, keeping the hose close with them. Andy gets to the door first and reaches up, twisting it. She pulls it open and glances down. "It's a basement."