fourty-one: hostages part III

Bang.

Bang.

Bang.

I scream as I feel pushed out of the way. Andy falls back and I drop to my knees. Blood spills from her stomach. Only one shot hit her. The other two missed.

"No, no, no!" I repeat over and over again. Tears come like lightning. I can't stop the tears from falling as my hand swiftly reaches to the wound, placing my hand on it, applying pressure. My lips quiver as my eyes go to Andy's fearful brown ones. "Andy k-keep your eyes open. Don't leave me..." A laugh escapes from the man behind me. I watch Andy flick her eyes to me, giving a small painful smile. Her eyes glancing past me. "No, you can't... Don't leave. You-"

"Be-Behind you," she chokes out. I turn and see the man go to grab me. I move my hand off of Andy's wound feeling the guy grab my injured arm. A screeching scream escapes my lips. I hiss as he tosses me away from the dying woman.

"NO! Stop! She's dying!"

My voice is anything but calm. It shakes and it's dry. I can't think. My eyes locked on Andy who's looking up at the ceiling now. Her hands still tied behind her back. She couldn't even stop the bleeding herself. If she wasn't bound she could. I shake my head, my eyes blurry from tears clouding my vision.

"You caused this child! She'll die because of you!" He shouts as he walks over to me. He stomps hard into my arm. My screams bounce off the walls. Tears pouring fast as that and the smell of smoke makes it harder to breathe. "You're going to watch her die! You're going to watch her bleed to death because this is all your fault!"

He stomps on my arm again. Another ear piercing scream echoes out from my throat. My voice scratchy. My heart pounding.

"God!" He chuckles stepping back. "I'll give you props to the fire, but you'll die with her in it! How stupid can you be?" He keeps repeating the same things. He always did when he was beating on me. He filled my head with self doubt. With thoughts I don't think id have much of if I was in a good home. If Andy hadn't given me up? But can I really blame her? No... She was young. She didn't want me. I don't even want me at this point. All I do is cause trouble. This one is the biggest of them all.

I feel him stomp on a part of my arm he hadn't. It's enough for my screams to turn brutal. It says like I'm being murdered. It feels horrid and I swear I hear something crack. I curl up and can't breath for a second. I pull my arm with my other arm, holding it close. I need the pain to stop but it won't. It's killing me.

"Pathetic!" He shouts before I feel something wet hit me. He spit on me. But all I do is cry. I squeeze my eyes together but I don't get to stay in the position I am. I feel his large hand grab my arm. Shrieks and screams of pure pain escape my chapped lips as he picks me up and places his gun to my head. My eyes slowly peak open to meet his wicked ones. A small menacing grin curves on his lips. takes his gun and places it right to my head. "God, I have waited for this moment since I woke up in the hospital. No... I thought about since you came into my home. And it's finally going to-"

"Nobody move!" People shout as the door is busted open. I see the man's eyes roll as he moves us. He wraps his arm around my chest, keeping me close to him. A cry of pain escapes my lips as he traps my injured arm. I squeeze my eyes shut.

"Let her go! It's over!" The cop shouts. I bite my lip and look forward seeing cops swarming in. It had to of been the fire. We're close to somewhere. But it doesn't matter. Andy's what's matter. My eyes switch from the cops to the woman through teary eyes. I struggle in the man's grip and feel his grip tighten sinking my teeth into my bottom lip. I stop moving, not able to take the pain any longer.