sixty: hard realizations

Shaky, panic breathes escape Andy's lips

     Shaky, panic breathes escape Andy's lips. Dirt and smoke cover her head to toe. She rushes into the ER room and looks around. Her brown eyes softened trying to figure out where her daughter is. 

    "Andy," Addison Montgomery's voice says. Andy's head turns swiftly to the right meeting Addison's blue eyes walking over to her. They walk over to a room with the door pulled closed and the blinds pulled. They stop outside the door and Addison places her hand gently on Andy's arm. "She's okay." 

     "What happened?" Andy asks, reaching her hand up and wiping at her face with her free arm. Her brown eyes shift between Addison's as Addison moves her hand off of Andy's arm. 

     "She came in with a head wound. Adams says she fell on the way here," Addison explains, keeping her voice low and sincere. "She also showed up high." 

    Andy's eyes grow wide as her lips separate. She drops her gaze from the doctor, shaking her head from side to side. Her hand drops from her head and she places both of her hands on her hips. "H-High?" 

    "To my knowledge it sounds like she was at a party with some troublesome kids. It might've been peer pressure but also her doing it willingly," Addison says. "She was expecting you to show up." 

    "I'm going to kill her. I'm going-" 

   "Andy," Addison cuts the woman off tilting her head. She crosses her arms over her chest looking at the desperate but rather confused fire fighter. 

    "She's been acting out for weeks Addison." 

    "There's a reason. But she's also a teenager. Wasn't she hanging out with Bailey's kids?" 

    Andy nods. "She was. There was four of them. But these past two weeks she's been hanging out with this different crowd and acting up. I-I got to figure out what's going on... Is she still..?" 

    "Should be wearing off or she's asleep. Ryan's here. Last time I checked he was in the room but he could've gone to the waiting room or the cafeteria." 

    "Thank you for the call," Andy says, trying to calm her anger that's fuming inside of her. Addison nods, giving a small smile.

    "You can take her home at any time. We didn't fill out any paper work. Just gave her fluids and bandaged her head," Addison informs the woman. Andy nods giving a forced smile before Addison turns and heads away. Andy turns and reaches down for the knob. She grabs a hold of it and pushes the door open. The woman enters the room hearing nothing. She peaks in and enters the room shutting the door behind her. Her eyes go wide at the sight of Ryan and her daughter laying together. 

     Y/n was obviously asleep. Ryan's eyes were closed but he was sitting up. Y/n's head was resting on the man's chest with his arm wrapped around her, securing her. Andy clenches her jaw, and she shakes her head. Tears welling inside of her eyes instantly. She reaches her hand up and wipes at her forehead, moving loose strands of hair out of her face.