twenty-five: little things

"Okay that was weird. Was that weird?" Andy asks getting into the car as a low sigh escapes her lips. She leans back in the passenger seat and fumbles with her fingers no longer seeing Y/n in her view.

"Is she okay?" Jack asks in regards to Y/n as he sits in the driver's seat. He holds the keys to the car in his hands, looking at the woman.

"I think so. I hope so. I- She was fine last night after hanging out with Joey. Maybe it was what I said," Andy says, thinking back to last nihjt. She raises her shoulders then drops them. "I honestly don't know what could be wrong."

"She doesn't know what we're doing right?" Jack asks. Andy picks up her head and turns it towards the man. Their eyes lock and Andy's brown eyes look back and forth between Jack's blue ones.

"There's no way she could," Andy whispers. "How could she? We only talked about when we knew she wasn't around and over text. She doesn't go through my phone."

"Maybe she overheard us without us realizing it." Jack shrugs and Andy shakes her head, reaching up one hand and running it through her curly hair.

"I'm telling you Jack. It's not possible. It's something else-" Andy pauses, biting down on her bottom lip. A sigh breathlessly escapes her lips. "We should get going. Not much we can do about it right now while she's at school."

Jack hesitantly nods and reaches up, placing the key into the ignition starting up the car. He pulls out from the parking spot and begins driving. Andy lays her head back, turning it slightly to look out the window. She knew there was no way Y/n could know about what Jack and her are up to. The both of them made sure of it. Andy made sure.

"Do you think maybe she thinks we're together?" Jack asks, taking a left turn. "I mean she's mentioned it."

"She's only mentioned in once when I told her Sullivan and I were getting a divorce. She thought we were a thing," Andy informs Jack and a knowing look spreads Jack's face. "But I wouldn't... You are always around. Caring for her like your own kid. Plus you stepped up when my father passed."

"I did what I had to for her and you Andy," Jack says. "We never really did talk about that."

Andy bites her lip. "Wasn't much to say."

"Except you're taking me on this mission to find your aunt along with some other stuff."

"Yeah-" Andy pauses, shifting in her seat. Jack continuing to drive. "With my father passing I was going through his old stuff and I think he's been keeping some stuff from me. I need the truth."

"You'll get it."

"But it feels like I'm doing what my father did with Y/n. Keeping stuff from her."

Jack lets a small smile inch to his lips before shrugging. "You're like her parent Andy, of course you're going to keep stuff from her to protect her."

"It feels awful especially with..." Andy's voice trails and Jack glances over to her coming to a stop at a red light.

"Especially with what? Did you find something out?" There's eagerness in his voice. Andy remains quiet, dropping her head and looking at her hands. Her fingers picking at the skin around her nail.

"Jack can you promise not to freak out at this information I'm about to tell you?" Andy questions turning her head towards the man as the light turns green and the car starts moving again.

"Why would I freak out?" Jack questions back but a sigh escapes Andy's lips as she waits a moment. Her eyes on the man as he continues to drive glancing over at the woman every couple of seconds. His nerves wilding as he shifts uncomfortably in his seat. Andy's lips separate. She closes her eyes and spits out everything. Jack's eyes go wide hitting the brakes and turning to face Andy. Their eyes locking as they sit in the middle of a back road.