Toxic: Chapter #36 | Here Comes the Sun

Zach's Present

☣ ♡ ☣

I smile as I set my pen down and this time I get up and go over to Giana, kneeling down in front of her.

She looks down at me and tilts her head. "The last time you were down there you proposed."

I grin and nod, my smile unwavering. "That is very true. However, that is not why I am here this time."

She sets her Kindle aside, her focus solely on me, another thing I adore about her. "Oh? So then why?"

I take her hands in mine, kissing the back of each one gently before bringing them to rest in front of my mouth as I look at her, my eyes full of complete adoration and love. "I love you with every fiber of my being and sometimes I just have no words to express it. Sometimes the love threatens to overwhelm me and I am bursting at the seams with it. So, I find myself brought to my knees by my love for you."

Giana watches me with a smile on her face, her sapphire blue eyes bright and her cheeks turning bright pink. "Oh, Zach."

With a smile, I kiss her hands again several times, "I. Love. You. So. Damn. Much. My. Beautiful. Perfect. Wonderful. Amazing. Sunflower."

She starts to tear up the same time I do and drops to her knees in front of me, wrapping her arms around me.

I don't care what anyone says about people being weak when they show emotion. I disagree wholeheartedly. I have found so much of my strength over the years in being open and vulnerable. I bared my soul to Giana and she bared her soul to me which is how we got to this point.

Now and always, I hold her close as we stand and walk to the bedroom. We lay down on our bed, cuddling as close as possible and nothing is better than this. Spending time cuddling with Giana well those are the best cuddles in the world.

After a few minutes of just being together, I meet her gaze and softly ask, "Can we have some Shakespeare?"

She grins, "Absolutely. Me first or you?"

"You first."

With a nod, Giana nibbles at her lip and thinks for a moment before nuzzling her nose against my neck and reciting.

"In faith, I do not love thee with mine eyes,
For they in thee a thousand errors note;
But 'tis my heart that loves what they despise,
Who, in despite of view, is pleased to dote;
Nor are mine ears with thy tongue's tune delighted,
Nor tender feeling, to base touches prone,
Nor taste, nor smell, desire to be invited
To any sensual feast with thee alone:
But my five wits nor my five senses can
Dissuade one foolish heart from serving thee,
Who leaves unswayed the likeness of a man,
Thy proud heart's slave and vassal wretch to be.
Only my plague thus far I count my gain,
That she that makes me sin awards me pain."

I smile, my heart swelling with affection for my wife. "Sonnet 141."

She smiles, nuzzling her nose against my neck again. "Indeed. I love that one."

I kiss her forehead gently and let the kiss linger. "Me too."

Giana looks up at me and leans into the kiss. "Your turn."

I think for a moment, my fingers fiddling with her finger curls and then softly say, "It's not a sonnet but it feels right."

After she smiles encouragingly, I begin to recite.

"But soft! what light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.
Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
Who is already sick and pale with grief,
That thou her maid art far more fair than she:
Be not her maid, since she is envious;
Her vestal livery is but sick and green
And none but fools do wear it; cast it off.
It is my lady, O, it is my love!
O, that she knew she were!
She speaks yet she says nothing: what of that?
Her eye discourses; I will answer it.
I am too bold, 'tis not to me she speaks:
Two of the fairest stars in all the heaven,
Having some business, do entreat her eyes
To twinkle in their spheres till they return.
What if her eyes were there, they in her head?
The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars,
As daylight doth a lamp; her eyes in heaven
Would through the airy region stream so bright
That birds would sing and think it were not night.
See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand!
O, that I were a glove upon that hand,
That I might touch that cheek."

For a moment, Giana says nothing and then her voice is soft when she finally speaks. "Romeo says that when he's looking up at Juliet."

"Yes. He does and I say it now because when I see you walk over to me or when I see your mouth open to speak...I think to myself...Here comes the sun."

She tears up and so do I before we come together in a passionate kiss, our bodies molded together in the way they were always meant to.

I am reminded of another quote that has always made perfect sense in reference to My Sunflower and I.

'When two hearts become one, it cannot be undone. A promise has been made and cannot be broken or swayed. For this love will last an eternity and will not fade.'