18. Chaos

I woke up super early today for some reason. I couldn't sleep. I just had a bad feeling about today. I decided to get ready for the day and went downstairs to get some breakfast. Rue was already up. Does this dude even sleep?

"Morning Sage." He says in a deep tone

"Morning." I say back sitting at the table with him.

"So I found an online school for you. You start tomorrow. Class starts at 8:30. Your grades better be amazing since you been begging me to do this." He says sternly

I nod trying to hide my excitement.

He smirks because he knows I'm excited. "I sent a link to the website and your login info to your email. You can do it from your laptop." He says

"Ok cool!" I say smiling.

"You don't have to hide your excitement Sage. I know you're happy about this. But remember any slip ups and you won't have this luxury anymore." He says

"Ok." I say knowing that's not true. There's someone out to get us right now. I know he's just as happy about me doing school here, instead of having to leave. But Ever still leaves to go to school. "What about Ever? He still has to go into school, we're in danger."

"Ever's school is doing live classes for him. So he'll be here doing school too. I don't want anyone leaving unless it's life or death." He says

"Emeris has to leave to go be with Lauryn though." I say trying to make sure everyone is safe.

"I've upped security. If Emeris has to leave to go be with Lauryn that's totally fine." He says assuring me.

I nod hoping no one else will get hurt.

The staff brings my breakfast. Today I'm having waffles with strawberries.

"Will I be able to do anything for my birthday?" I ask with mouth full of waffles.

"I don't know yet. And your birthday is in 3 months." He says confused

"I know. But I don't know if we'll still be in danger and what not." I say

Ever comes into the kitchen. "Good morning Ever." Rue says

"Morning." He says looking at Rue smiling and then looks at me and frown. I roll my eyes. Rue notices the tension between us.

Ever grabs an apple and leaves the kitchen.

"What's going on between you two?" Rue asks

"I don't want to talk about it." I say not wanting to snitch. That's the reason he's mad at me. I'm just going to let him mad and maybe eventually he'll get over it.

I've been getting bored staying at home. I've been everywhere in the house but the west wing and I want to go in there! Should I ask Rue? I remember the last time I tried to sneak over there and the punishment wasn't worth it especially since I didn't even get to see what was in there.

"So um. Uh. Um. Now that I know about the ma-mafia thing, uh can I see the west wing?" I ask stutter like crazy. Im so nervous to ask.

"No." Rue says quickly. He didn't even think about it.

"But Rue! Why?!" I whine. "I know the secret now!"

"Because Sage. You don't need to be over there. There's dangerous things. And frankly because I said so." He says sternly trying to get me to stop asking.

"I won't touch anything!" I whine again.

"Enough. Finish your breakfast." He says annoyed with me.

"This is bullshit." I mumble under my breath