Used to this

Lizzie's POV.

Valen's eyes scan the entire room until they land on me.

"Hi Valen" I said softly.
"Hi" she says with a smile.
"How are you feeling?"
"I'm in a little pain but mostly I'm happy that Fran is okay."
"I'm sorry to interrupt but I have to take Fran away, she can't sit for long" one of the nurses enters the room.
"No, please don't go" Valen whined.
"You'll see me later honey" Fran told her with a smile.
"I promise that when I can get up from here I will come see you."
"I'll be waiting for you" Fran says leaving the room in her wheelchair.

Her eyes reconnected with mine and I felt my belly do a flip, she has this intense look that manages to intimidate me.

"You scared me so much" I let her know.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."
"It's okay, I'm glad you woke up...I missed seeing your eyes and hearing your voice" I said.
"It wasn't for long" she said with a giggle.
"It was long enough to know that my life without you is meaningless" I confessed with my eyes filled with tears remembering the feeling.
"Hey look at me I'm fine, I'm alive and with you".
"You can never die, I couldn't take it" I said crying.
"Come here" she says making room for me to lay down next to her.
"You are very important to me, I can't lose you again...I want you forever in my life because I...because I lo..." I was interrupted by Dr. Denver who entered the room.

"Valentina it's a joy to see you awake" the doctor says.
"Dr. Denver thank you so much for all you have done for me and Fran."
"Of course... here, it's your phone and some documents of yours" Dr. Denver passes them to her.
"Thank you, do you know when I can leave here?"
"I think in three days you will be able to go home, we have to make sure you are not still bleeding inside."
"Okay, what about Fran?" She asks.
"She will have to stay longer, probably a month, it is important that we make sure that no organs have become infected and that she is healing properly."
"Okay... doc could you give me something for the pain? My head is killing me"
"Sure, I'll send a nurse to give you pain meds."
"Thanks."
"I have to say you have a good girlfriend, she definitely cares about you and Fran, that's sweet" the doctor says making me blush.
"Lizzie she's... She's sweet" Valen says without denying anything, I think my heart started beating faster.
"Okay I have to get back to work, let me know if you need anything.
"Thank you" we both replied.

I was about to talk to her when her phone started buzzing, yes phone was a little broken but it was still working. I saw Kris's name on the screen.

V- mom?
K- oh my god, thank god you're finally answering. I was so worried about you.
V- sorry.
K- me and the whole family are flying over there.
V- I'm fine, you guys don't have to do that for me.
K- you're my daughter and I'm going to go take care of you and Fran.
V-okay mom.
K-we'll see you in a couple of hours honey.
V-okay, I love you, I'll see you here.

She hung up the video call and turned to look at me with a smile, she has her face with a few scrapes but she still looks beautiful.

"Let me take care of cleaning your scrapes and cuts" I said standing up from the bed and take what I need to clean her.

She watched me in detail as I opened the gauze pads and put the alcohol on them to start cleaning her.

"This is going to sting a little" I said as I started to clean the scrapes on her face, she whimpered from the burning "I'm sorry" I said as I blew on her to try to ease the pain.
"How did the show end?" She asked.
"Very well, it was a great success"
"I'm glad to hear that" she said and then whimpered as I put the gauze on another scrape.
"Sorry baby" I said blowing her again, our faces were close enough.
"Thank you for taking care of me"
"I like taking care of you"
"Really?" She asked.
"Yeah, you're like a cute little baby."
"I'm not a baby" she says pouting.
"Yes you are, you are a cute little baby" I said with a giggle and she wrinkled her nose in the cutest way "okay now give me your hands, I need to take care of those cuts."
She hesitated because of the burning she felt but she still did it, she gave me her hands.

I started wiping her hands and arms, she didn't whimper as much as she did with her face when I was wiping it.

"Those are beautiful tattoos" I told her.
"Thank you."
"Would you like to explain what they mean to me?"
"Do you really want to know?"
"Yes."

"Okay, so The 444 stands for guidance and protection in angel numbers, self care is one of my favorite Mac Miller songs and it's also something I constantly try to remind myself of although ironically I never do and the other two remind me of my p...

"Okay, so The 444 stands for guidance and protection in angel numbers, self care is one of my favorite Mac Miller songs and it's also something I constantly try to remind myself of although ironically I never do and the other two remind me of my parents." She explained.
I ran my fingers over her tattoos slowly "I like them, they're beautiful."

I stood up and left everything I used to clean her on a table and went back to lay down next to her. She kissed my head for the first time in a long time and my heart warmed.

"Valen do you think I can take care of you when you get out of here?" I asked a little nervous about her answer.
"I'd love to" she says softly.
I raised my head to look at her and she was already looking at me.
"You are beautiful" I said letting my thoughts out.
"You are beautiful too" she whispers back.

Our eyes were glued together, I put my hand on her cheek and caressed it softly, I leaned a little towards her getting closer to her face, we were close enough to kiss, I could feel her breath on me, I tilted my head a little and made our lips touch, our lips fitting perfectly, my belly flipped as I felt her hand on my neck.

I missed her scent, her sweet soft lips on mine, her little breaths of her when she felt my tongue in her mouth, the way she caressed me. I just missed her.

She pulled away from me for lack of air and smiled at me I did the same. The door opened and via her whole family walked in. Okay I guess we'll have to talk about this some other time.
————

Hey you guys!!!!!

I want to thank everyone who has read this story, I really appreciate it 🫶🏻

I hope you like this chapter as much as me💜🤍.