Whatcha say

Lizzie's POV.

I was on my way to the main office when my eyes met a familiar body, I blinked several times so I knew I wasn't imagining seeing her standing there. When my head understood that I wasn't imagining it I ran towards her.

"Oh my god baby you're here" I said making her turn to look at me, a smile formed on my lips as my eyes connected with hers and I hugged her tightly when I was close enough to her.

She didn't hug me back I guess I took her by surprise, I pulled away from her looking into her eyes I said.

"Why didn't you tell me you'd be here sooner?" She just looked at me swallowing hard, her eyes fell on the necklace with her initial on it that she had given me weeks ago.
"Baby?" I said again and her eyes returned to mine, she is acting strange and I can't read her thoughts.

She shifted her gaze behind me watching my sisters approach us causing her to let out a breath of relief, when the twins were close to us but not close enough she finally decides to break her silence. It was as if she had analyzed the distance between my sisters and us.

"Congratulations on your engagement" she says with an emotionless look, her eyes shooting daggers at mine.

Just as I opened my mouth to speak my sisters joined us.

"Hi twins" she says with a smile on her lips, kissing each one on the cheek and hugging them excitedly.
"Valentina herself, don't you ever drive like that again dumb ass" MK says giving a playful fist on Valen's arm.
"Ouch, sorry" she says.
"I'm so happy to see you alive crazy head...what brings you here?" Ash asks.
"Well I brought you some gifts" she says showing the big bag she brought with her.
"Oh my god I'm so excited, let's go into the main office" MK says clapping her hands, I just followed them into the room feeling numb.

Valentina didn't even look at me but I could see her eyes glazed with tears and my heart was breaking knowing that I was the cause of her pain, I hate myself.

I feel a lump in my throat, I want to cry so badly but I don't want it to become a drama with the twins here.

"I have to tell them something important" Valen says hesitantly. I was trying to read every movement, every pause, every little thing she was doing trying to understand what was going on in her head.
"What is it?" Ash asks.
"I won't be able to help you anymore with your business" she said straight to the point.
"Why?" the three of us asked her.
"Well, I'm going to start working with Versace and for obvious reasons Donatella is not going to want to share her creative designer. Sorry girls" she explains calmly.
"Oh that sucks" MK says.
"Yeah, we're going to miss having you here" Ash says making Valentina shrug her shoulders.
"I'll miss you guys too, well girls I have to go...hope to see you twins soon."
"Valen wait, do you think you can take Lizzie home?" Ash asks her.
She squeezes her eyes shut and gives a sigh of annoyance, but my sisters were too busy looking at the beautiful fabrics Valen bought them to notice this.
"Sure" she replied without emotion.

We left the room, she walked quickly leaving me a few steps behind her, the elevator doors opened and we both stepped in, there was this awkward silence, I could see her tensing her jaw, she's forcing herself so hard not to cry here, it's breaking me.

Once in the parking lot we both got in the car, she turned on the air conditioning and started the car.

Whacha say by Jason Derulo blaring through the speakers, she squeezed the steering wheel as well as her jaw, she turned up the volume. The music filled the silence between the two.

Her eyes glazed over again but no tears fell from them, she began to sing a part of the song as she smiled in disbelief, I would pay a lot of money just to know what she is thinking right now.

She just sang the chorus, but she doesn't do it as usual excited dancing, she has her right hand tattooed on the steering wheel and her other hand is on her head as her arm rests on the car door. She sings without any expression.

I decided to break the silence between us, I couldn't stand the law of ice we were making for another minute.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you."
"Oh yeah because you just mean to do good, right?"
"Yes, of course"
"Well of course you did" she says sarcastically.
"Valen I'm really sorry" I said feeling my eyes fill with tears.
"You chose him, I guess he was always a better choice, I can't say I'm happy that you finally realized that he's the one you really love but I guess I have to accept that life will never be fair"
"No, just let me explain" I asked.
"Don't worry, I got it, you wanted revenge for what I did to you, even now after all these years I'm still paying for what I did in my past" she says irritated but with herself.
"No, it's not that" she cuts me off.
"I tried really tried to do everything to please you, to make you forgive me because I love you, but I guess I will never be enough" she says now crying.
"Don't say that" I said between whimpers.
She parked her car outside my house but we were both still inside it.
"Now I know that no matter how much I ask for your forgiveness and try to please you, you can never forgive me."
"That's not true" She cut me off again.
She got out of the car and turned around to open my door, I got out of the car standing in front of her.
"If I was a mistake to you I'm sorry, I wish you good luck Lizzie" she says wiping her tears.
"Valen wait"
"Be happy in your marriage" she says giving me a small smile getting back in her car.

Her words broke me, knowing how she really feels leaves me sad and with an emptiness in my soul.

I don't want to marry Boyd, everything went so fast that day and I felt so pressured to answer, he had brought his whole family and everyone looked at me with hope when he popped the question.

I felt pressured to say yes, I didn't want to disappoint anyone. But I didn't think about her at the time, how it might affect her and then I wasn't able to tell her, I wanted to but I was afraid, I don't take my engagement to Boyd seriously because I know we are not getting married, that's not in my plans, well it's not in my plans with him.

Now I screwed up with her once again, I should have talked to her, told her the truth. Now she thinks I played with her and it makes sense that she would think that after everything that has happened.

Seeing her broken like that in front of me because of me makes me hate myself even more. I don't know what to do, now that she won't help my family's company anymore I will see her less and so I won't be able to work anything out with her.

I am sure she will avoid seeing me as much as possible, I have to plan something before she starts working with Versace. I need a plan before Donatella arrives in LA.

————

Hey you Guysss!!!

So here is the other chapter... what do you think Lizzie will do?