Ch. 15 - "You're 14, no."

• Rachael's P.OV •

I look at Maya and watch her take her pill bottle out of her hand and put it back into her pocket, she gulps down the pills and starts to cry.

I never knew she took pills, but what would she take pills for? They couldn't be steroids, could they?

I walk up to Maya, she looks at me with a surprised look and hides her hands behind her back.

"Maya, I already know." I sigh and grab her arms from behind her back and take the pill bottle from her hands, I read the description and see their antidepressants.

"Maya-" "I'm sorry, I can't handle the hate anymore." She blurts out and starts crying in my arms, I hug her and immediately start crying too.

I don't know, whenever people cry it makes me cry too.

"I really love Taylor, I really do, but it feels as if I'm supposed to break up with him, the more I'm in a relationship with him girls are always hating." She cries into my shoulder and grips onto me tighter.

I pull away from the hug and look at her in the eyes. "Maya, you can get through it. If I know Taylor like I really do, he will stick up for you, he will do anything to keep you." I tell her, she nods and wipes her tears away.

"Thank you, Rachael. That means a lot." She says, I nod. "I'm gonna go find him now, are you gonna come?" She asks.

I shake my head, she nods before leaving out the door. I was gonna go with her, it's just that I didn't want to face everyone again after what just happened.

It wasn't all Taylor's fault, it was as much of Sammy's as it was Taylor's. Honestly, mom is being so stupid right now, she's blaming it all on Taylor and nothing on Sammy.

"There you are." Someone says from behind me and puts their hand over my mouth. I quickly turn around only to see Matthew, I smile and hug him tightly.

"It's not Taylor's fault." I say into his chest, he rubs my back and kisses my forehead. "I know, I was there. Don't worry about it." He says and buries his face into my hair.

"What are they doing?" I ask. "Your mom is going psycho because you left, that's why I came to find you before she threw a fit." He tells me, I let go of his grip and look up at him.

He has such adorable eyes, it's unbelievable.

"I guess we should be getting back then." I sigh. He takes my hand in his and intertwines it, I look up at him and he smiles sheepishly.

We walk towards the entrance and see everyone arguing, and I thought this trip was going to be a blast. I let go of Matt's hand before any of the others can look, mom looks at me and hugs me tightly.

"Don't you ever run off on me like that again." She scolds me and then slaps my head. "Hey um, where's dad?" I ask mom. She shakes her head and sighs. "They all went out to get pizza."

"Who?" I ask. "The dads." Chelsea buts in. "Oh." Is all I can say, I take my phone out of my bag and text James.

To James: hey, what's going on?

And he instantly replies.

From James: Nothing much. How's the trip going? Is it fun?(:

To James: no, I wanna go home.

From James: Aww, why's that?):

As I was about to reply my battery dies, I groan and put it back into my bag. Mom looks at me with a questioning look, I roll my eyes and turn the other way.