Ch. 45 - "Wanna fight?"

• Hayes POV •

"Wait, so the people in the robes were a cult?" Chelsea asked Rache, she nodded and we started laughing again.

Sometimes I wonder what weird things go through Rachael's head.

Then again, compared to me she's probably normal.

I got up from the bed and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge. "Hey Hayes can you get me one too?" I heard Rache. I grabbed one for her too and walked over to give it to her. She smiled, "Thank you." I smiled.

I was about to say something but the rest of the boys walked in.

"Rachael!" Carter yelled jumping on top of her. We laughed. She groaned, "Kal, get your asian off of me," we laughed and she hugged him back.

I looked around and realized her and Kaley, and Maya were not around.

"Hey Carter, where is Kal?" I asked him. He shrugged, letting go of Rachael. "They said they were going to go visit Taylor," he said. I nodded.

Rachael got up, "Well as much as I like talking to you guys I'm actually really tired so I'm going to go take a nap," she said. We groaned. "But we missed you," Nash said pulling her into him. I gave him a look.

Cam laughed, "Hayes chill their just hugging." I gave him a look too. "Shut up." I mumbled.

They stopped hugging and Rachael looked at me.

She smiled. "I'll see you after I nap because you're taking me to get ice cream," she said. I smiled. "Okay see you then," I said. She smiled and left.

The boys looked at me.

"Wow, you must really like her don't you?" Carter asked. I looked away. They laughed. "Aw Hayes!" Chelsea yelled. I totally forgot she was in the room.

I groaned, "Chelsea if you tell her I swear–" she cut me off, "Hayes we all know I'm much stronger than you," she said sticking out her tongue. I smirked.

"Wanna fight?" I asked, joking though. She smiled, throwing a pillow at my face. I fell back. "Ow, I wasn't serious," I whined and everyone laughed as I got back onto the bed.

"Okay seriously though, we leave in two days, what's going to happen to Taylor?" Nash asked. We all shrugged. "Won't they move him to the hospital back in Illinois?" Chelsea asked. "Yeah I think so," Cam said.

That kind of freaked me out, what's going to happen if Taylor doesn't make it? I haven't known him long as everyone else did but I sure would be devastated.

What would happen to Rachael?

"Hayes," I heard.

I looked up and everyone left except for Chelsea.

"Where'd everyone go?" I asked. "Back to their rooms," she told me. "But what's up with you?" She asked. I raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

(AN: cue Justin)

She shrugged, "You zoned out for a good five minutes."

Damn do I really zone out when I think?

"Yeah you do."

Wait what

"Did I say that out loud?" I asked. She started laughing, "So people actually speak their thoughts out loud by accident? I always thought that was only in books," she laughs.

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm kinda tired, I think I'm gonna go to bed." I told her. She frowned. "Hayes it was a joke, lighten up." I shrugged. "That didn't bother me, I'm actually tired." I said.

She rolled her eyes getting up, "Okay goodnight Hayes," she told me before leaving.

I felt bad that she had to leave but I really was tired, I mean, it's almost midnight, can she blame me?

• next morning •

• Rache POV •

I woke up to someone shaking me. I groaned and opened my eyes.

I looked to see Maya. "Rache wake up," she said. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "What time is it?" I asked. She checked her phone and then looked up at me, "It's 10am, we're late for magcon."

My eyes widened.

"Ah shit!"

I quickly got up and put on high waist leggings and a grey crop top with my black nikes. I quickly brushed my hair and grabbed my sunglasses.

"Ready?" Maya asked. I nodded and we both rushed out of the room.

"How the hell did we manage to sleep in?" I asked. "I forgot to set my alarm, I mean I would have woken up earlier naturally but we didn't get back to the hotel until midnight so I went to bed late," she rambled as we got into the elevator.

I nodded, "How is he?" I paused, "Taylor, I mean." Her eyes saddened but she quickly covered that up. "He's the same as you left him."

The elevator dinged meaning we were now in the lobby, we quickly got out and looked around.

"Did they leave us?"

I checked my phone and sure enough they did.

Mom: as soon as you + maya wake up text me and I'll call both of you a cab, we decided to leave without yous

"My mom texted me like 20 minutes ago saying this," I said showing her my phone. She nodded and I put it away. "Should we even go to magcon? I mean, I feel awkward for being there if Taylor isn't there." She said.

She did have a point. I mean, she is Taylor's girlfriend and I'm his sister, so wouldn't that be weird if we showed up?

I shrugged. "We can just go see Taylor instead." She nodded agreeing. I quickly took out my phone and called a cab.

"It'll be here in 10 minutes."

"Okay great."