Ch. 36 - "Whatever happens, happens."

• Rache POV •

I woke up and got ready for the day.

As I was digging through my clothes I heard someone else.

"What do I wear to a basketball game?" I asked Maya, who was getting out of bed. "Heck should I know, I've never been to one." She said. "What if I wore leggings?" I asked.

"Just wear leggings and a... just take one of your brother's shirts." She shrugged. "Ew, why would I?" I asked disgusted. "I mean one of his basketball jerseys." She said going into the bathroom.

Taylor wasn't in the room so I just dug through his suitcase.

Maya came out of the bathroom and looked at me, "Find one yet?" She asked. I shook my head, "I don't think he takes them–" She pulled one out and I shut up.

"You just got to look past his underwear and bam." She smirked holding it. I made a disgusted face and took the jersey.

I quickly changed and looked in the mirror.

"Looks good!" She yelled. I looked at her and she laid back down on the bed. "Are you seriously going back to sleep?" I asked. "Well duh, it's only 11." She said putting the blanket over her head.

I laughed and fixed up my hair. Taylor walked in a few seconds later with Chelsea.

"Going somewhere without me huh." She said to me. "Sorry, but it's family time." I teased. She growled and picked up a pillow, hitting me with it.

"Ow! Damn okay." I groaned. She started laughing and laid on top of Maya, wrapping her arms around her.

"Who's ever on top of me, get the hell off, I'm tired." She snapped. We started laughing and Chelsea started shaking her. "Maya babe I love you, but I'm leaving." Taylor said.

I looked at him and he motioned me to follow.

"Noooo, I need cuddles." She whined. I laughed. "I gotchu bae." Chelsea said, climbing in beside her. "I'm going to pretend I did not hear that." Taylor said walking out of the room, I laughed and followed him.

"Are you jealous?" I teased as he shut the door. "Nah, I have my bae Matthew." He smirked. I rolled my eyes. "You know I'm kidding." He chuckled.

We got in the limo and drove to the basketball stadium.

When we got there we went to find our seats and sat down.

"Are you hungry?" Taylor asked me. I shook my head, "I'm fine." I said. He nodded his head. I took out my phone and he looked at me. "Are you cold or anything? Is your phone charged?" He asked.

I looked at him funny, "I'm fine." I said. He nodded and sat back.

He looked back at me and was about to say something but I cut him off, "Taylor seriously, I'm fine." I said and he nodded.

He was being so weird and I didn't know why. Well actually, Taylor is always weird but that doesn't make sense.

I just left it and sat back trying to watch the game.

(AN: sorry, wanted to get to the good parts)

• Nash POV •

"So you're sure she's going to say yes, right?" I asked Taylor.

I was on the phone with him because let's just say something big is going to go down soon and I want everything to be perfect.

"Yeah man, it's my sister we're talking about." He said. "But what if she says no?" I asked. I heard him sigh, "Just don't think about the negatives man, I gotta go but don't back out, whatever happens, happens." He said before hanging up.

Whatever happens, happens.

I sighed and threw my phone on the bed. Cameron walked in.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked. I shrugged, "I'm nervous Cam, I've never done this before." I sighed. He frowned. "It'll all be alright man, just don't think of anything else." He said and I nodded, before getting ready, again.

"Nash you look good, what's the problem man?" Carter asked, walking in with Kallie. I started laughing, "I swear you guys are always together, are you like his bitch or something?" I asked her, but I was joking.

"You lil shit!" She screamed. Carter grabbed her before she could jump on me. "I was joking, chill." I told her. She gave me a look before sitting down.

"Anyways, why are you so nervous Nash?" Carter asked me. The others agreed. "I just want everything to be perfect and if it isn't then–" I started to say but Carter cut me off.

"It's Rachael we're talking about." He laughed. Kallie hit his arm. "That's why it needs to be perfect, because she's perfect." I smiled.

They all looked at me and 'aw'ed.

"Whoa, Nash is soft." Cam said. I smiled and nodded my head, "I've been hiding it this whole time."

Hayes walked in with Matthew behind him and they didn't look too happy.

"He found out and he doesn't want you to do it." Hayes told me. I looked at Matthew and he rolled his eyes.

"Why the fuck would I let you? That's my ex, and I still love her." He snapped. I ignored him and just played on my phone.

Yeah we're best friends and that's his ex, but he's the one who blew it. I know I can treat her better, anyways.

Shawn and Maya walked in, and they smirked at me.

"What?" I asked. Maya smiled and started squealing, "I'm so excited, it's going to be so cute." Matthew rolled his eyes. "If you don't want to hear it, just leave." Hayes snapped at him.

"I mean, that is his ex, so." Kallie spoke up. We both glared at her. "That's your best friend Kal, don't you think she deserves someone better?" Cameron said to her.

I looked at Matthew and his eyes went down.

I felt bad but at the same time I didn't care.

"Yeah, whatever." He mumbled. We watched as he got up and left. "You guys are so friggen rude." Kallie snapped. She ran out after Matthew and I sighed.

"If I can't even get the best friend's approval, I doubt I can get hers." I sighed. Cam sat beside me and patted my back. "It'll all be alright man, forget about Matt and everyone else, just think of her." He told me.

"Yeah, imagine the way she smiles, and all that other crap." Carter said. We all looked at him. "Carter, you can't be soft, don't say anything." Maya told him.

We all started laughing.

"I guess you guys are right."