Ch. 22 - "She's with me."

• Rache POV •

"Why did you even lie to me?" I snap. Mom looks at me and crosses her arms. "I wasn't lying to you, I was just making other plans." She says.

Lately, me and my mom haven't been getting along and we're really close, so I don't know why she's been lying to me these past few days.

"You told me James was the one who wanted to take me, but you were the one who did." I snap. She sighs. "I just didn't trust you with Taylor-" but before she can finish dad walks into the room.

"Okay, why are you guys fighting? Everyone can hear you from downstairs." He says. Mom looks at me and I cross my arms.

"She just isn't listening to me." She tells dad. My mouth opens and I yell, "You were lying to me for the past few days! That's all what I was trying to say! See you're even lying to dad!"

They both look at me and sigh, "Now Rachael-" but before dad could finish I run downstairs and sit on the couch.

"Is everything okay?" Elizabeth asks. I nod my head and she nods. Mom comes downstairs with dad behind her and they both grown.

"Rachael can we speak to you?" She asks. I shrug, not really caring. "Baby I'm sorry that I've been lying to you these couple of days, it's just that you wouldn't understand, a mom just worries." I sigh.

I get it that my mom worries and doesn't trust me with Taylor after what happened all those times, but I mean that doesn't give her the right to lie to me.

But I guess I understand, her going through a lot with Taylor and I and all.

"I'm sorry, I was just mad. I'll stop it." I say. They both smile and she comes to hug me. "I swear to god baby, I'll never lie to you again." I look up at her, "You promise?" She nods her head and I smile.

We both let go once the house gets loud, meaning that everyone's back.

"Family time without me?" Taylor pouts, gesturing towards all of us together. Mom smiles and gets him to join our hug, which follows by the rest of the guys and soon enough all of the parents.

This is why I don't stay away from them all for too long, we were like a big family.

•••

"Don't stay out too long! I love you guys!" Mom yells as we walk out the door. Everyone piles into the van and we drive to the mall.

"It's only been two weeks and I'm already running out of summer clothes." Maya mumbles. I smile and wrap my arms around her, "I'm glad we aren't the same size, you can't borrow my clothes." I tease. She glares at me, "Are you calling me fat?"

Everyone laughs, seeing how small her waist is, she's dumb.

"I meant you'd stretch them out because you're so tall!" I laugh. She laughs and so does everyone else, "Oh, my bad."

We arrive at the mall and we split into separate groups, us girls go to Victoria's Secret while the guys went to god knows where.

I was looking for more bras until someone grabbed me by my waist from behind, I quickly turned around and seen Matthew.

"Hi." I smiled. He looked down at me and licked his lips, "I think you'd make those bras look good." I rolled my eyes and laughed. "You're gross."

He laughed, "I was kidding, but I'm hungry, when are you going to be done?" He asked as soon as I grabbed the last one I needed. "Right now." I smiled kissing his cheek, I took his hand and walked up to the cashier.

I put my things down and watched as he put the stuff in the bag, and started to rang the stuff up. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Hello, how are you today?" He smiled. "I'm good, how about you?" I asked. "I'm good, thanks for asking. And oh by the way, you picked good looking bras." He smirked.