Ch. 18 - "You know I love you, right?"

• Rache POV •

"Oh my god." I laugh once again, Matt always knows how to make me laugh, no matter what he does.

"Matt stop making me laugh, I sound like a dying whale." I chuck a pillow at him and roll back in laughter. He groans. "Rache, you have the prettiest laugh, you don't sound like a dying whale."

I blush. "Thanks, but you're wrong Matthew." He looks at me seriously but then smiles.

"Rachael, you are more than perfect, your only flaw is that you don't love me. You make me feel butterflies in my stomach when absolutely no one else can, you have that sparkle in your eyes which I adore. I don't care if you're my bestfriend's little sister, you mean a lot to me, I'd hate to lose you to anyone else. I adore everything about you." He says with hope in his eyes.

"Thank you." I smile with tears in my eyes, he sits down closer to me and I just can't help but cup his cheeks. He starts leaning in and so do I, our lips meet and they're absolutely in perfect sync.

He pulls away what feels like it has been for over than minutes and smiles at me, I smile back, god he has an amazing smile.

"Rachael, can- do- would you like to go out with me?" He stutters, I only laugh. "Yes, Matthew, I'd love to go out with you." He smiles.

The door bursts open and in comes Taylor with Nash trailing closely behind him. "Where's Hayes?" Nash asks. "Penny boarding, why?"

"Matt, you said you were going to look after him!" He whines. "Sorry Nash." Matt says, laying back onto the bed.

"Where's the others?" I ask Taylor. "Still at the hospital." He half smiles. "Why? What happened?"

"It's Kal." He replies. "What happened?" I hate to, but I asked anyways. I have the right to know.

"Do you want to tell her? Or should I?" Tay says to Nash. "Maybe Matt should tell her." He says, glaring at Matt who was on his phone not paying attention.

I roll my eyes at him. "Matt." He doesn't respond. "Matt." I say a little louder, he still doesn't respond. "Matthew!" I yell.

Still nothing. I groan and hit him with a pillow. "Ow!" He whines and looks up at me. "What was that for?" I laugh.

"What happened to Kallie?" I ask him. He sits up and pulls me onto his lap, not even caring if Taylor is there. "Baby, she's awake." He whispers into my ear.

My eyes go wide and I turn to look at him, his face is blank, meaning that he's telling the truth. "But how?" I look up at Taylor.

"The doctors were wrong, Rache, she's awake right now." I smile and jump off of Matt's lap. "No effing way! Can we go see her?!" They all laugh but nod their heads.

"Okay, come on Matty!" I smile and pull him up, I'm happy to know that my bestfriend is awake and the guy of my dreams asked me to be his girlfriend.

Best.

Day.

Ever.

• Carter POV •

"Hmm, well, where's Rache?" She asks. "She's at the hotel Kal, do you want me to call her for you?" I smile.

"Can you?" She asks with hope in her eyes. "Of course, I'll be right back." I tell Kallie before leaving the room.

I sit down on one of the waiting chairs placed outside the room and dial Rachael's number, I honestly missed Kal so much and now that I'm finally speaking to her makes me feel like I can do anything for her.