Ch. 24 - "Tell them."

• Rache POV •

"Hey Kale, where's Hayes?" Nash asks her. She doesn't look up from her phone and just shrugs. Like excuse me, you were the one who was with him.

I get up and go into the kitchen, carrying a tub of ice cream with me into the boys room, where Hayes probably is. I go to the door and quietly hear him sniffing. I frown.

What did Kaley do to him?

"Hayes?.." He looks up at me and he looks so hurt, I go over and hug him pretending that the ice cream isn't in my hands.

"I-I loved her." He cries and I frown, I don't know what to do or what to say. "Did you guys break up?" I ask him and he nods his head, trying not to cry. "I'm so sorry Hayes." I sigh.

"I just really loved her and she broke up with me." He sobs and I hug him tighter, I feel my shirt getting wet and that's when I know he's really crying. "Hayes, what happened?" I ask, he pulls away and wipes his tears.

Twice today I seen him crying, I feel so bad.

{AN: bitch u thought}

"I didn't mean to say it but I did.. I told her that we were closer as best friends.. so she realized that and broke up with me." He cries and I hold onto him. "Maybe some people just aren't good for each other.. and Kaley wasn't good enough for you, you guys are better off as friends, so you'll find someone better."

He weakly smiles up at me and hugs me again, "Thank you." I nod, "You're welcome, I'm always here Hayes." I say and he lays down, I go up to leave but he's saying something.

"Yeah?" I go back into the room. "Could you stay with me?" He frowns, I can't ignore that so I agree and lay beside him. He looks up at me and smiles before closing his eyes.

It's not like I'm cheating, Matthew knows Hayes is younger than me and why would I do that?

Once he's asleep I go downstairs and everyone is at the table, watching Cameron and Maya cook. I laugh.

"You guys do realize that they could burn the house down right?" I laugh and they both glare at me. "It's better than having no food." Carter shrugs and I laugh, "Dumb."

"So, how's Hayes?" Nash asks me. I raise an eyebrow, how did he know I was with Hayes? "Uhm, he's kind of upset, but he's sleeping right now so don't bother him!" I yell and stop Nash before he goes running upstairs. "Why's he upset?" I look over at Kaley and glares, everyone notices and gives us a confused look.

"Tell them what you did Kaley." I cross my arms and she glares at me. "What did Kaley do?" Chelsea asks. I wait for her to say something but she doesn't, I actually really don't like her right now.

I've become close with Hayes and I hate seeing him like that, but Kaley's not even feeling anything and not caring at all, it's honestly making me so mad.

"Kaley, tell them." I snap and she shakes her head. "Why won't you just tell them? Hayes is honestly so upset and you can't even tell them what you did? Honestly Kaley I think–" Before I can finish Nash is grabbing me by my waist and pulling me out of the room. He pulls me to the bathroom and shuts the door.

"What did she do to Hayes?" He asks. I sigh, "She broke up with him and he was crying." He frowns and sits down on the sink, putting his face in his hands. "This is why I didn't want him dating. Now what is my mom going to say? I failed them." He mumbles and I comfort him.