Ch. 38 - "I missed my flight."

• Taylor POV •

I woke up this morning with my head pounding and I groaned, walking to the bathroom.

Today was the day we were flying back home, and honestly, I wasn't looking forward to it.

I walked out of the bathroom and Maya was up. She looked at me and rolled her eyes. Ever since last night, no one has talked to me and I don't blame them.

I finished packing and got dressed.

"Are you ready?" I asked her. She nodded and rolled her suitcase over to me. "I think you should talk to her." She told me.

I nodded, "Not yet."

She nodded and we walked out of our room hand in hand, last night Rachael didn't want anything to do with me so she stayed with Chelsea and Sammy.

We met everyone else down in the lobby.

"Hey man." Sammy said. "Hey, how is she?" I asked him. He shook his head, "Not good." He said. I sighed.

The girls came down and they wouldn't even look at me.

"What are you going to do?" He asked me. I shrugged, "Something special, I really regret last night, she means a lot to me." I said. He nodded and patted my shoulder. "Whatever you plan on doing, I'll help you out." He said.

I smiled.

"Thanks man." I told him. "I mean, it's the least I could do, we used to be best friends before I ruined that." He said. I looked at him and he looked at me.

"We cool?" I asked. He smiled, "Of course."

After everyone getting everything sorted out we all grabbed our bags and loaded up the van.

"Okay, is everyone here?" Elizabeth asked. We all nodded. But Elizabeth being Elizabeth did a role call anyways.

•••

We were now at the airport and our flight was in 40 minutes, and Kellie was here to say goodbye.

"Taylor!" She called. I walked over to her and she wrapped her arms around me.

"Be good to Rachael, you're a lil ass sometimes but I love you." She said. I chuckled, "Don't worry, I will. I love you too big sis." I said. We both let go and she had tears in her eyes.

"You guys are growing up so fast, please don't take a year to come a visit me again." She said. I shook my head, "If mom lets me, I would." I said. We both looked at her and she gave me a look.

"Start getting your grades up and I'll think about it for winter break." She smirked. "You heard her Taylor, you can do this." Kellie told me. I laughed and hugged her one last time.

"Brian! Brynley!" I called. They came running over to me and I picked them both up.

"Look how strong I am." I said. They laughed. "Okay Taylor, put them down before you drop one of them." Dad said. I put them down and kissed their foreheads.

"I'll miss you guys." I told them. "I'll miss you uncle Taylor." Brian said, wrapping his arms around my neck. I smiled and he ran over to Rachael.

"Bye uncle Taylor." Bryn said. I smiled and kissed her before she walked over to Hayes.

I swear she's like obsessed with him.

I quickly walked to the bathroom and washed my face, seeing as how I didn't get any sleep last night I need it.

I walked back out and everyone was gone. I looked around and didn't see them at all.

Shit.

I walked to the other side of the airport where our gate was, I looked around and no one was in sight.

I walked over to the woman at the desk and she smiled at me.

"How can I help you?" She asked. "Uh, where's the gate to Indianapolis?" I asked. "Oh, that flight left like 5 minutes ago." She told me.

I thanked her and sat down on the bench.

What the fuck am I supposed to do. How didn't my parents know I was missing. What kind of parents are they.

I took out my phone and quickly called my mom, and then realized, they don't at least allow phone calls when they're in the air, and they just left.

I groaned and called Kellie.

"Hello?" She said answering. "Hey Kellie, quick favour." I said. I heard her groan, "What now?" I chuckled. "Well funny story, I missed my flight."

• Rachael POV •

Our flight just landed and everyone was so tired and we were now on our way home.

"Taylor why are you calling me?" Mom asked, from up front. I looked around and realized he wasn't in the van. "Mom, Taylor's not here." I spoke up.

She turned around from her seat and looked around. "Oh shit." She said, grabbing her phone.

"Taylor, where are you?" She said into the phone. "The airport? Okay we'll head back there, be there in 20." She said. "Wait what? Orlando?!" She yelled.

We all jumped from her yelling.

"Wait, Taylor's in Orlando?" Kallie asked. We all shrugged and waited for mom to finish.

Once she did she told us we left Taylor back in Orlando and he's staying with Kellie.

"You don't think he planned this, do you?" Dad asked mom. She shook her head, "I don't think Taylor would do that." She said.

"Well he could, I mean, he knew everyone is pissed at him for what he said to Rachael." Chels said. I looked at her, "Taylor wouldn't do that." I shook my head.

"No just think about it, he knew he couldn't do anything for you to forgive him, and Taylor being Taylor, found the easy way out of it. So now, he's staying with Kellie until everyone forgets about what he did." She added.

I shook my head again, "Taylor wouldn't do that." I repeated.

She let it go and I sighed, leaning my head on Nash.

"I'm so hungry." I yawned. He looked down at me and smiled, "You're cute." He told me. I smiled and closed my eyes.

"Are you tired?" Was the last thing I heard before falling asleep.