Ch. 28 - "Stay away."

• Rachael POV •

"Who hit you, Rachael?" Matt asked again, seriously. The boys walked in. "Who hit her?" He gritted through his teeth. "Some guy." Taylor said. "Who's some guy?" Mom asked him. He shrugged.

"Taylor." Dad said. He groaned, "I don't know who he is!" He said. "Then why did he hit you?" Dad asked me. I looked at Jack. "He tried hitting on her and he wouldn't let her go, so I tackled him." He explained to everyone. "What?" Mom asked. He explained the whole story.

I kept my head down, not wanting to see anyone's expressions.

"Rachael honey, let's see your bruise." Mom said. I looked up and she motioned me over. I walked over to her. "I swear to god–" she started to say but Taylor cut her off. "Language!" He yelled. She gave him a look and smacked his arm. "Ow!" He yelled.

I groaned, "Mom!" I whined. "What?" She asked. "When Taylor corrects you, you get mad, but when you correct us we don't do anything." I said. "Yeah" Taylor agreed. "Well it's because I can." She said. We crossed our arms. "No you can't!" Me and Taylor yelled. We started laughing at how we both said the same thing at the same time.

"Come on, let's go to the hospital." Mom said getting up. "Why?" I asked. "To get your bruise checked out." She said. "It's fine." I shrugged. She gave me a look. "I think we should still get t checked out." She said. I shook my head and she crossed her arms. "Mom, it's fine, I swear." I said. "Rachael, I think you should go." Matthew said. I turned to look at him and rolled my eyes.

"Oh so now you care?" I snapped. His eyebrows furrowed, "What are you talking about? I always cared." He said. I shook my head. "Then why has Hayes been the one who held me when I was hurting? You're never there." I snapped. Mom looked at me. "Rachael–" Matthew cut her off. "Oh so now you're going to break up with me for Hayes?!" He yelled.

Hayes looked at me and I shook my head. "Matthew, that's not what she's saying." He told Matthew. He looked at Hayes and rolled his eyes. "Why don't you just stay out of it. Better yet, stay away from my girlfriend." He snapped, emphasizing 'my'. I gave Matthew a look. "Don't speak to him like that." I snapped.

He rolled his eyes, "Just admit it Rachael, admit how you want that little boy Hayes." He said. I ignored him and went to mom. "Can we go now?" I asked. She nodded and took my hand. We walked over to a rental car and got in. "Wait!" We heard.

Chelsea was running over to the car with two pieces of cake in her hands. I laughed. She got in the backseat and she handed me one.

"I think you love me." I smiled, eating it. "I think I hate you." She said. "Wow, I feel the love." I said. She started laughing and so did I. "You girls show love weird." Mom said. We started laughing even harder.

"So, what are you going to do?" Chelsea asked me. I raised an eyebrow. "About what?" I asked. "Matthew." She said. I didn't say anything, I didn't know what to say.

We've been distant for awhile now, I've always been with Hayes and he's always wanted to be alone. He's changing and I don't know what to do about it. But it's whatever.

"Okay then." She mumbled. I laughed. "I don't know what I'm going to do, honestly." I said truthfully. "Mom what should she do?" Chelsea asked mom. "Okay first, that's my mom, and two, she's old she wouldn't know." I said. Mom gave me a look. "I think you should do what your heart tells you is right, but also listen to your mind." She said.

I looked at Chelsea and she looked at me. "Told you." I told her. Mom smacked my arm. "Stop hitting me!" I whined. She laughed, "Stop whining."