Ch. 44 - "That's dark"

• Rache POV •

Hayes and everyone were back at the hotel, except for me, mom, dad, and Sammy.

"How come you stayed?" I asked Sammy. "We were once close, I can't just leave him," He shrugged. I nodded and sat back in my chair.

I thought for a bit, wait, when did the parents get here?

"Wait, when did you guys get here?" I asked dad. "We heard Jonah was back so your mother booked us a flight, talk about a good timing too. I can't imagine us not being here for you and Taylor." He said. I nodded.

"Rachael, how are you feeling?" Mom asked. "I'm okay, just hungry." I said. "You just ate," Dad told me. I shrugged, I don't care I'm still hungry.

Sammy chuckled, "Do you want to go down to the cafe? I heard their making tacos," He asked.

My eyes lit up when he said tacos.

"Heck yeah," I said. He chuckled and we said bye to mom and dad.

The walk there was actually very long because the cafe was all the way at the other building of the hospital. It's one of those connecting buildings I guess.

"Well, I think we're lost." Sammy said. I looked at him. "Why do you say that? Isn't the cafe on this side anyways?" I asked. He shrugged, "Well I was following the signs that had the cafe labeled on it but now their gone so either this is the cafe or it's down that hallway," He said, pointing left.

I groaned. "Why didn't you just google it." I whined. He laughed, "Funny but no. C'mon let's just go check out this room and if not we'll go to the front desk," He said.

I nodded and we walked over to the door. Suddenly by the looks of how dark it was it the room, and the loud chanting, I didn't want tacos anymore.

"Um Sammy I don't think we should go in there." I told him. He shrugged, already twisting the doorknob. "Never know until you try," He opened the door knob and we looked around.

I really have no clue what was going on. People were dressed in black robes covering their faces and they were all in a circle chanting words that obviously weren't english, however, they stopped when they saw me and Sammy.

"Oh uh, sorry, we'll just be leaving now," Sammy said, slowly pushing me out. But before we could leave someone was already grabbing hold of us.

"Hey! Let go!" I yelled, feeling the grasp on my arm. Sammy turned around and looked who was grabbing hold of me. "Let us go! We swear we won't say anything!" He yelled.

Then when I looked back ahead someone was throwing a rock at Sammy's head.

What in the world

"Sammy watch out!" I yelled. He looked behind him and that's when it hit him in the face. I watched as he fell to the floor and I was beyond scared of what was happening now.

I couldn't believe it, either Sammy was dead or he was just knocked out, but whoever these people were are obviously not normal people.

"Did you just kill him?!" I screamed. I watched as they came over to me and I struggled to get out of the mans grip. "Help!" I screamed.

The next thing I knew was a rock was hitting my head and everything turned black.

•••

"Rachael!"

I opened my eyes and looked around. I was back in a hospital room and Sammy was towering over me.

"Breathe," He said. I let out a breath I didn't even know what I was holding. "Oh my gosh, what happened?" I asked.

He sat down at the edge of my bed and gave me a small smile.

"Well we were going down to the cafe to get some tacos.." He trailed. "Oh god it actually happened?" I asked. He nodded. "We've got to call the police and tell them!" I yelled.

I got up out of my bed and he looked at me weird.

"Why do we need to tell the police?" He asked.

Why is he being so clueless?

"Because aren't cults illegal?" I asked. "They almost killed us!" I yelled. Mom and dad came running in. "Rachael? Honey are you okay? Why are you yelling?" Mom asked.

"Are you guys serious right now? We need to get the police here right away!" I yelled. They all looked at each other.

"Um, Rache what do you think happened?" Sammy asked. "That we were ambushed by people in robes on the other side of this building," I said in a duh tone of voice.

Mom and dad looked at each other.

"Rachael, none of that happened."

I looked at them and they had the most serious looks on their faces. If it wasn't real why did I just wake up?

"When we were walking you were feeling really lightheaded from the antibiotics you took, you kinda just collapsed in the elevator," Sammy explained.

I groaned. "Oh my gosh, I'm having these really crazy dreams lately and they won't stop," I said. "Do you think I should consult the doctor?" Mom asked. I shrugged, but nodded.

"I guess," I said. She nodded and told us she'd be right back.

"That reminds me, I should go check on Taylor, I'll be back," Dad told us. We nodded.

I looked up at Sammy and he smiled down at me.

"So what happened in the dream?" He asked. I shrugged but told him everything, and by the end of it he was laughing.

"Wow that's dark" He commented. I nodded and the doctor came in with mom.

• Hayes POV •

"I'm hungry now that I think about it," Chelsea said. I groaned, "When are you not?" I asked. She gave me a look and I shrugged.

"No for real though, I miss Rache," She frowned. I stood up. "Then why don't we go see her," I said.

She got up from her bed and nodded. "Yeah, I bet she misses me a lot," She said. I started laughing but stopped when she gave me a look.

"Hayes if you don't shu–" She got cut off by someone opening our door.

"Hey guys."

"Sammy?" Chelsea asked, running over to him. I watched as they hugged and her smile widened.

"BAE!" She yelled. I was confused at what she was yelling at until I seen Rachael walk through the door.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sorry for the filler chapter!! & including Hayes' short azz pov but I promise I'll make a better chapter