Chapter 02

Rose's POV

   After a couple hours of convincing the guy I was telling the truth and not just fucking with him, he finally gave me some usable information.

         "There is a man who might actually be able to help you. His name is Warren. He was a highly renowned Arch mage until he was kicked out of the mages association for his research of forbidden magic. Ancient magic."

                   "Where do I find him?"

           "Well, after he was kicked out of the association, he went on a bit of a rampage. In the end he was exiled to an island in the middle of the southern sea.

     But be warned. The island is a treacherous place and the sea can be unforgiving. No offense against you girlie but you might not want to go alone."

     After having him draw up a map and giving him a few gold coins, I bid him farewell and quickly took off. Then making my way towards the edge of town, I paid for a carriage to take me back to Vicebrook's outpost.

     I don't really want to have to deal with that guy but I need him to get a message to my friend in the Beast Kingdom. If I'm going to need backup then there's only one person that I'm taking with me.

    It ended up being a pretty uneventful ride to the outpost, thankfully enough. After reaching the outpost I paid the driver and sent him on his way.

   Then finding my way to Vicebrook's office I had to wait while the guy at the front desk told him that I was here. It wasn't long before I was told that he'd see me.

             "So, you didn't take long to come back."

                               "I'm not back, I just need you to get a message to someone in the Beast Kingdom."

              "And why should I do that?"

                                  "What do you want?"

               "From you? Nothing at all."

                                  "Then you'll do it?"

               "One condition. You'll help me when I need it."

                                   "Fine..."

    After arguing with Vicebrook for awhile he finally agreed to get my message out. With that cleared up I went about my way. Heading to the town nearby I rented a room at a local inn.

    I wanna get some rest before I start my journey. I've never been very keen on taking a ship but gotta do what you gotta do.