Chapter 33

Unknown POV

         The smile on the wolfkins face as she looked me dead in the eye while covered in blood sent shivers down my spine. Not only did she just decapitated a man in less then a second but she didn't seem to care.

         This girl couldn't have been more then eighteen or nineteen tops and yet didn't seem phased at all by killing someone. Was obviously even happy about it judging by the sadistic smile.

                 'What the fuck is wrong with this girl....'

          I've had to take plenty of lives over the years, more then i could count, yet I've never enjoyed it. Killing people has always left a sour taste in my mouth. This girl is a fucking psycho or something.

          As if reading my mind the crazy bitch licked her lips that were still covered in blood and chuckled. Then before I could even blink she launched herself at me trying to cut me down with her claws.

         Even with my enhancements I still barely managed to raise my blades and block her. A half a second later and I'd have been fucked. Not wanting to take any chances I quickly tried kicking at her abdomen but she easily jumped back before my foot made contact.

         Using the opportunity while I could I put all my strength into my legs to launch myself backwards to try and get as much distance as possible. I readied my blades as the girl started running towards me, but as she was about halfway to me the ground beneath her feet suddenly gave way.

       Looks like one of our mages managed to use earth magic to create a pit in front of her, effectively causing her to fall in not being able to react in time. Then just to be certain she was down, the same mage started to cast another earth spell, making a dozen or so ten ton spikes form out of the ground and shoot into hole.

       I stood with my blades still raised in a defensive stance as I waited for the dust to clear. I have a feeling that might not have been enough to take out that psycho. And sure as shit, not even a moment later the ground seemed to explode as rocks and debris was shot everywhere.

      Expecting the girl to rush at me once more I stood holding my breathe, senses on full alert. But to my surprise the attack didn't come, instead a heard a sickening crunch behind me. Instantly turning around I was met with the site of the mage that just saved my ass standing there with a clawed hand sticking out of his chest.

       Within that split second she had somehow managed to break out of the ground and end up behind the mage instantly taking his life. There's no way in hell she is just some teenage girl, I've severely underestimated this job and have already lost two men.

        I would give the signal to retreat and regroup but something tells me we wouldn't make it far if we tried. The only thing I could think of was to attempt to overwhelm her. Whistling to signal our other mage and our archer to move in I readied myself to help in the group attack.

       After a few seconds of nobody moving to attack I realized I couldn't sense the magical signatures of the other two anymore. The wolfkin just laughed and shook her head before turning to look behind her. Following her gaze it didn't take long to see the mage and archer.

        Both of them were laying on the ground in multiple pieces, clearly having been cut up like jigsaw puzzles. I don't know how the hell this monster managed to pull it off so quickly but I didn't actually care. I was livid.

      In this line of work you have to expect the possibility of losing someone. But these men have been by my side for years, never once failing. Releasing a loud warcry I pushed off the ground towards the bitch, ready to cut her down.

     But not even halfway to her I saw what appeared to be a blur pass by and felt a strange pain in my neck before not being able to feel anything at all. Instantly coming to a stop I fell to my knees not being able to control myself.

      The next thing I knew the world seemed to be spinning and as my head hit the ground I swear I saw what looked like my body hit the floor. Then everything went black.