Chapter 60

Elrin's POV

     After my narrow escape a little bit ago I quickly ran and jumped to the next building over then barricaded myself in one of the rooms. I desperately needed to take a breather and collect myself before I did anything else.

      Way too much has happened in the last twenty four hours. First I decide to play hero and help a couple of injured girls, then first thing the next morning my house gets blown to shit by a crazy guy, then I'm teleported to some stupid ass ancient city that pretty much rubble and now I'm being chased by freaky ass monsters that are trying to eat me...

      In all fairness, I probably should have just stayed home yesterday. But fuck it I guess, nothing I can do about it now except try to figure out a way out of this mess. Preferably in one piece. I wonder if those girls are having as good of luck as I am right now.

           "Fuck... I'm exhausted.." I say to myself, still trying to control my breathing.

       Looking around I can only see two entryways to the room I'm in, the door I came through and a small window on the other side of the room. I had barricaded both as soon as I came in by pushing a couple old wooden dresser looking things in front of them. They were practically falling apart but they were heavy. Here's to hoping they hold for at least a little while.

        With that thought in mind I set my bow on the floor next to me and sat with my back against the wall. It wasn't long before I felt my eyes closing as I let myself relax for a bit. But just as I was almost asleep I heard movement on the other side of the door. Quietly reaching for my bow I tried to listen closer to try and figure out what it was. But just as my fingers brushed the grip on my bow the door explodes inward, making me cover my face from the flying debris.

     Reaching for my bow again I realized that it had been pushed a few feet away from the blast. It now lay in front of the window on the other side of the room and walking through what used to be the doorway was one of those damn monster mitts. It was just slowly stalking towards me. Quickly looking back and forth between it and my bow I might be able to grab it before that thing grabs me.

    Not seeing any other options I bolted for my bow at the same time that thing lunged for me. Somehow I actually managed to get to it, quickly turning on my knee and knocking an arrow. Right as I'm about to let the arrow fly the window behind me erupts as a second one of those monsters bursts through. There was no way I can trick my way out of this one, I had a monster lunging for me in front of me and another about to snap it's jaws closed on me from behind.

             'Fuck... Guess this is it....'

   All I could do is accept my fate. Yet just as I thought I was dead a bright blood red light blinds me. As my vision clears instead of two monsters about to eat me all I see is open air and smoke. All the walls around me have been completely blown away.

               "Hey. You alright?"

    Looking around for whoever said that I let out a huge sigh as I finally see a familiar face.

                       "I am now." I say with a light laugh. "It was Rose right? Thanks for the assist."