Chapter 38

Rose's POV

         After the dust somewhat cleared I was able to see what it was that had almost crushed me. Sitting in the crater it created on impact was on of the many huge crystals that were all over the place.

     It had flown way too fast and hit way too hard to have simply fell from the ceiling. In other words, someone had somehow thrown the giant fucking thing.

     As I was still in shock about what happened I found myself being tackled from the side. Cici had just launched herself at me just before yet another crystal landed where I was just standing. What the hell was throwing these things and why the fuck is it only aiming at me?

                 "ENOUGH SHAILENA!!" Lily suddenly yelled, her voice laced with magic and making the whole chamber shake. "Quit hiding like a coward and show yourself!!"

         "Careful for what you wish for mutt!!"

     Not a second later the ground beneath Lily exploded and she was sent flying a couple dozen meters. Standing where the ground erupted was a tall figure completely covered in a long cloak. After landing on her feet and flashing a big smile showing her extended canines, Lily brought her arms up to block a sudden strike from the cloaked figure as it launched a volley of crystal spikes at her.

     After simply tanking the hit, Lily quickly crouched down low before launching herself forward faster then my eyes could keep up with. And yet, to my complete surprise, the cloaked figure met her head on moving at the same speed. To me they were both simply blurs zipping around the chamber as they continued to clash.

       Wether it was intentional to one of them or not they were completely wrecking the place as they fought. They were launching each other into the walls, uprooting and throwing the giant crystals and constantly creating crater after crater on the ground. The entire temple seemed to be on the verge of collapsing at any moment.

             "Rose!! I can't keep track of them and it looks like the whole place is about to come down on us if they continue.. What should we do?!?!" Cici asked in a panic.

      What could we do? We couldn't even keep track of them at their speed, I seriously doubt we'd be able to stop them. Even if I could somehow match their speed, jumping in the middle of this fight seemed tantamount to suicide.

      Just as I was starting to feel hopeless about the situation I suddenly felt an intense heat on my back. The sudden pain snapping me out of my stupor. I'm not hopeless, there's still something I can do. I quickly pulled the purple blade off my back and paused with my hand on the hilt.

            'I'm sorry that I'm not strong enough, but I have to ask for you to help me mom...' I inwardly said as I took a stance, ready to unsheathe the blade.

                    "Cici, get behind me quickly!!"

     As soon as I saw her move from the corner of my eye I vaulted forward and unsheathed the blade in one smooth motion, and then slashed downward with all I had as the entire chamber was bathed in a purple light.