Chapter 51

Rose's POV

I stood there with my blade drawn trying to figure out how I'm going to get out of this one. I should have known that something was going to happen. I mean come on an old temple, an ancient artifact that a god tried to hide, the only thing in here being a suspicious podium, it's common fucking sense that there would be a trap or something. Yet because I was in a rush my dumbass just walked in and grabbed the damn thing.

"I'LL TELL YOU WHAT MORTAL, I'M NOT IN THE MOOD TO DEAL WITH A MERE MEASLY INSECT. YOU'RE NOT WORTH MY TIME. RETURN WHAT YOU TOOK AND I'LL MAKE SURE TO KILL YOU QUICKLY."

I'm honestly not sure if I can handle this alone. The dragons aura alone is suffocating. I know logically I should try to figure out a way to run or something. But the fucking arrogance of this damn thing, the way it's looking down on me like I'm just some insignificant bug, hell even the condescending tone in it's unnecessarily loud voice, it's pissing me off... Like I said, the smart thing to do in this situation is trying to figure out a way to get out of this alive. But what did I do?

"Pfft... Ha... Hahaha...." I laughed at it. "Hehe... You're dead..."

Drawing a second blade I instantly teleported behind it's head. Then enhancing myself with reinforcement magic and fueling each blade with a different element, one of ice and the other of light, I drove both blades into the back of it's neck..... Is what I'd like to say. Instead the moment my blades made contact with the dragons scales they shattered like glass. The next thing I know it swatted me away like a fly with it's tail. Effectively launching me straight into the barrier with a loud boom. Coughing up blood as I tried to stand up I could only glare at the fucking thing as it laughed at me.

"YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE, NOW YOU WILL KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO BURN IN HELL."

Right after saying that he opened his jaws and inhaled deeply before releasing a massive torrent of black and green flames directly at me. I was barely able to cast a small barrier around myself before I was bathed in fire. Cracks quickly started to form on my barrier as it threatened to shatter. So, gathering more mana as fast as I could, I cast another four layers of my barrier to try and buy enough time to think of something.

It took everything I had just to keep my barriers up as the sheer destructive force of the flames broke through them one by one. I was quickly running out of time and I had no idea what to do. Nothing I could think of would work in this situation and for the first time in awhile, I was truly scared. I started to panic. I just kept draining my mana into the barriers trying my hardest to hold on. Yet the flame didn't stop. Instead I felt a huge surge of magical energy and the flame intensified, turning almost completely black.

I had to make the barriers smaller in order to keep them up, barely managing to replace the ones that broke each time the flame pushes through. At this point I was on my knees struggling to keep going. With the dragons barrier behind me and it's flame pressing in on me from in front of me, I had nowhere to go.

'I can't do it...'

"-ose rel.....he sea-"

'Im not going to make it out of here...'

"-amnit....he can't he-"

'Mom... Please help me...'

"ROSE!!! PULL IT TOGETHER AND FUCKING LISTEN TO ME!!!"

Wait... I think someone's yelling at me. Looking around I can't see anything outside of my barrier except the black flame that's trying to roast me alive. But I'm sure I just heard someone yell at me. Was it Cici? I completely forgot that her and Lily were here, stuck on the outside of the dragons barrier. I seriously doubt now is the best time for her to yell at me, what is she trying to say?

"I know you promised me you wouldn't but please, just release the seal." She yelled. Does she even realize what she's saying?

"But what if-"

"You're about to die!! Just fucking do it!!"

"But..."

'Trust her child. Release the seal, I will help you.'

'But I.... Fuck.... Ok...'

"RELEASE..."