Chapter 18

Rose's POV

           "What do you mean the gods? What gods? And what would they want with me?" I asked while completely confused. I've just been trying to figure out how to get my mom back and I somehow ended up in this situation.

                   "The gods of this world are very much real little one, wether you realize it or not. They are the ones that are responsible for my being sealed."

          "Why would the gods want to seal you? Who or what are you really, I'm not signing a deal with the devil am I? I asked skeptically. What the hell did I really get myself into?

                   "Hehe.. I suppose that would depend on how you look at it. I am the embodiment and the source of power, I am the father of the gods and the keeper of time. I am the primordial dragon, Kronos!!"

      You could hear the pride and smugness in his voice. He was clearly proud of his title, probably expecting me to be struck with awe or kneel and bow before him saying I'm not worthy. Instead, I simply looked at him confused.

      Im not going to lie, I have no clue what he's talking about. I've heard plenty about the gods of this world, everyone has, but I've never really put much stock into any of it. And I've definitely never heard of a primordial or whatever.

      Before I could bust his bubble I suddenly find myself trying to stay on my feet as the ground underneath me shakes violently. I could hear a sound akin to a series of loud explosions somewhere in the distance.

           "What the fuck is happening now?" I ask with a sigh. "You're really going all out with the theatrics huh?"

                     "Tis not my doing little one, it seems someone has locked onto this pocket dimension and is trying to force their way inside."

            "Wait, seriously? The the fu-.. nevermind, kinda obvious huh? How the hell did they find us already? You literally just told me that someone would try to stop whatever this is."

    The entire cave system is shaking like crazy now and the sounds of the explosions are getting closer, it's all I can do to stay on my feet at this point. How the fuck did I end up in this situation, I must have the worst of luck or something.

    I already had enough on my plate. Now all of a sudden I'm sucked into some ancient feud between a dragon and the gods. I definitely didn't sign up for this shit.

     I glare up at him and was about to start giving this old ass lizard a piece of my mind when suddenly I found myself being lifted into the air.

           "I apologize little one but we are out of time. I didn't know that they would be able to find us, a lot must have changed during my slumber.

    I had hoped to have the time to slowly and carefully merge our souls but that is no longer the case." As he was saying this the blood red mist surrounding us started to swirl around me at a frightening pace.

      As it whipped around me like a raging whirlpool it condensed so much I couldn't see anything but dark crimson. It felt like I was drowning in blood.

           "I didn't want to do this but I must force the merge to happen sooner. I will not lie, this is going to hurt.."

     Right after he said that I felt something pierce into my chest right above my heart. A second later an immeasurable pressure started rushing into my body. It felt like someone was forcibly injecting a never ending stream of molten magma straight into my heart.

      The whirlwind of crimson hell that was still condensing around me rendered me unable to even scream. I found it hard to focus as I felt my mind and my very essence being stripped away. It was all I could do to keep my existence from slipping away entirely.

       Just as I was about to let go and just give in I felt my back start to heat up again. I could feel flame burn through my clothes and lick my skin but strangely enough it gave me a weird sense of reassurance.

       I gave everything I had to focus on that spot of comfort, using it to anchor myself and keep from being swept up in the pain. Once I was able to fully regain my sense of thought I realized where that flame was coming from and remembered why I absolutely had to make it through this.

      Finally releasing a gutteral scream I fought back with everything I had until I was in control. As soon as I did the pain immediately started to subside and I found myself dropping to the floor.

      As I slowly stood back up the rest of the condensed red mist seeped into my skin and disappeared leaving behind a rush of power I've never felt before. It was like a billion stars were all trapped within me as they were all collapsing at the same time.

       Breathing heavily and overwhelmed by the intensity of it all, I simply stood there as it continued to build up. Not a second later I heard yet another explosion in the background and felt debris fly from the shattered wall of the cave behind me.

       Just as I felt an immense aura and a surge of pressure starting to rush towards me, I simply let go of my hold on the power inside me.

       As soon as I opened my eyes I released it all in a single wave, completely obliterating any and every thing around me. With a flash of crimson the very plane of existence we were in shattered and everything went black.