Chapter 41

Rose's POV

         'And of fucking course, why am I not surprised...' I can't help but think. Seriously, yet again someone is bringing up those damn gods. What the hell have I gotten into lately?

                 "So why would the gods turn you into, whatever you are, anyway" I asked while still completely confused.

                              "Simple. To kill two birds with one stone." Shailena said with clear disdain. Venom dripping from her every word. "The gods had a bone to pick with me anyway, all I'll say is we didn't exactly see eye to eye. In doing this to me and sealing me to this temple they both got rid of a thorn in their side as well as gained a guardian for their secret."

                "What secret would they need to hide that badly?" I ask while my curiosity grows. I'm really starting to hate these gods more and more. But before she can answer, Lily steps in and responds for her.

            "The key to their greatest fear and the reason why we're even here. The only thing that can locate the pieces to the artifact." She said while simultaneously pointing at Shailena.

       This honestly just sounds like a whole shit load of drama that I don't really have time for. How the hell has it gotten to this point, honestly. I'm just trying to get my mom back and now I have a dragon inside me, I'm trying to find pieces to a dangerous puzzle and I'm in the middle of the gods bullshit.

       It honestly feels like the world's stacked against, that I'm getting farther away from getting my mom back. Not gonna lie, it's pretty damn depressing actually. I seriously feel defeated.. But I won't give up, fuck the gods and anyone else in my way, I'm not giving up.

          "All this talk about the gods and everything is giving me a headache, let's just get this shit going and get moving already."